1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TH] Sub-Accounts [Paid] 1.2.1

Allow your users to create sub-accounts

1. ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse Well-Known Member

Audentio Design submitted a new resource:

[TH] Sub-accounts - Allow your users to create sub-accounts. Great for character-based forums such as roleplaying sites.

Read more about this resource...
  2. squirrly

squirrly Active Member

Purchased and attempting to upgrade from the Waindigo version, and the upgrade crashed. I can't get into the admin console:

Server Error
    Mysqli prepare error: Not unique table/alias: 'subaccount_parent'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 446
    6. XenForo_Model_User->getUserById() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 959
    7. XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingUserById() in Waindigo/ResCheckInOut/Extend/XenForo/Model/User.php at line 12
    8. Waindigo_ResCheckInOut_Extend_XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingUserById() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 415
    9. XenForo_Visitor::setup() in XenForo/Session.php at line 419
    10. XenForo_Session::startAdminSession() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Abstract.php at line 48
    11. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Abstract->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 306
    12. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 350
    13. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/thebaby/public_html/TBWTest/admin.php at line 13
  3. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

Would you mind sending me a PM with admin and FTP details?

4. Bethk84

Bethk84 Member

Whenever I try to link an existing account to my primary, i am receiving an Unspecified Error. I had waindigos pst as user activated, and yes, i deactivated it but it is still giving me the error message. Please help! It was working fine initially.
  5. Jake B.

We'll look into this ASAP :)
  6. ThemeHouse

7. Jake B.

This is fixed in 1.1.1a :)
  8. king8084

king8084 Active Member

What happens if i got the alias detect mod? It will conflict with this?
  9. Shane Larson

Shane Larson New Member

Which Alias Detect add-on are you using? Also, can you give me a link to the Alias Detect add-on?
  10. Gossamer

Gossamer Active Member

I currently have Waindigo's version installed on a forum and am considering purchasing a second copy of this one and upgrading. What steps need to be taken to upgrade from Waindigo's to this version? Will my old subaccount data remain intact?

11. Bethk84

Bethk84 Member

Just wondering if you guys are planning on letting people switch easily from account to account?
  12. silence

silence Well-Known Member

13. ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Sub-Accounts with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.0 Released

Read the rest of this update entry...
    Gossamer likes this.
  14. Gossamer

Gossamer Active Member

Happy to see that the usergroup inheritance settings seem to be working fine now.

However, there are still some features that don't appear to do anything:
    • Apply usergroup to all sub-accounts - this configuration doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried rebuilding the user caches, and have tried with both brand new and existing subaccounts
    • The "only show subaccount fields" option also does not appear to do anything
  15. Gossamer

Gossamer Active Member

Love the inclusion of the alerts! However, I noticed that while the alert notification shows up, if you're using the overlay view to switch accounts, you can't see which account has alerts

Would it be possible to add the alert # to the dropdown in that view?
  16. silence

Currently no since it just makes a single counter of all available alerts but I'll look into making the alerts separate :)
  17. Gossamer

Gossamer Active Member

Just to clarify, this is what it looks like in the dropdown version of the account switcher. I'm talking about the alert # that shows up next to each individual account. That only happens in the dropdown and not the overlay:

I wasn't sure if that's what you meant, so just double-checking.
  18. silence

Ah! Yeah I'll see what I can do!
    Gossamer likes this.
  19. silence

Hey @Gossamer could you describe to us the usergroup issue more, as I applied some type of fix but it didn't seem to be what you were looking for :(
    Gossamer likes this.
  20. Gossamer

Gossamer Active Member

Sure! There were actually two different usergroup issues, and the fix addressed one of them as far as I could tell.

The other one is related to this setting:
    After setting that configuration, I rebuilt the user caches, but none of the subaccounts were assigned the Character Usergroup. I created a brand new subaccount as well, and it also was not given the Character usergroup.

However, the usergroup inheritance from the parent account is working fine now.