[TH] Social Permissions [Deleted]

So, gave guest permissions all unchecked for one forum, but guests can still see the social forum. Do I need to first revoke in the ACP the ability of all usergroups to view social forums? Then social forum creators grant group-by-group, forum-by-forum?
Correct. These extra permissions only add on top of what is already there.

Thanks. So in the ACP, I set view social groups to "No." In my social forum, I set guest permission to allow "view" of everything. However, when I visit the social category, I'm not able to view anything.

This is operator error. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks. So in the ACP, I set view social groups to "No." In my social forum, I set guest permission to allow "view" of everything. However, when I visit the social category, I'm not able to view anything.

This is operator error. What am I doing wrong?
Make sure you set the view node permission as allow. You will notice that that permission does not appear in your list of guest permissions.

So in ACP

View social groups = no
Node tree > view node = yes

In social forum

Guests view = yes

That's what I have, but still seeing "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action" when in the social category.

So in ACP

View social groups = no
Node tree > view node = yes

In social forum

Guests view = yes

That's what I have, but still seeing "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action" when in the social category.
Have you created any social forums in that category?

Just updated to the new version. I'm getting this error when viewing a social group as admin with a new forum I made:

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/SocialPerms/Extend/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php at line 135
  2. Waindigo_SocialPerms_Extend_Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->getSocialForumPermissions() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php at line 346
  3. Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->prepareSocialForum() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialCategory.php at line 150
  4. Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialCategory->actionForum() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /-----/-----/-----/forum/index.php at line 13

Ah, my bad. It's Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

This is the error I get when trying to view the specific Social Forum:

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/SocialPerms/Extend/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php at line 135
  2. Waindigo_SocialPerms_Extend_Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->getSocialForumPermissions() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php at line 609
  3. Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->getNodePermissions() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/SocialForum.php at line 124
  4. Waindigo_SocialGroups_SocialForum::setup() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php at line 19
  5. Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialForum->_preDispatch() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 309
  6. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 346
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /-----/-----/-----/forum/index.php at line 13

Heh, this is likely due to Social Groups itself being outdated, just noticed the updates. I'll report back after updating it

I've adjusted node permissions, usergroup permissions, social group permissions . . . can't seem to figure out the right combination. If I can get some help from the community figuring it out, I'm happy to write some sort of user guide.

Updated Social Groups to latest version, did not solve the issue. The error only seems to happen to the Creator of the social forum

I've adjusted node permissions, usergroup permissions, social group permissions . . . can't seem to figure out the right combination. If I can get some help from the community figuring it out, I'm happy to write some sort of user guide.
I've looked into this and the view permission isn't supported at the moment. I need to come up with a better way of displaying the list of social forums to get this to work. Sorry about that.

I get this error trying to invite a member to a group. Not sure if it's a bug with Permissions or the main add on.

Mysqli statement execute error : BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`db`.`social_forum`.`member_count` - 1)'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/DataWriter/SocialForumMember.php at line 193
  4. Waindigo_SocialGroups_DataWriter_SocialForumMember->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumMember.php at line 323
  6. Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumMember->invite() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php at line 848
  7. Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialForum->actionInvite() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /-----/-----/-----/forum/index.php at line 13

A user also reported an error trying to leave the same group, not sure if that issue is related. Will report back with more info on that one when I can

Here's the error from the user trying to leave a group:

Mysqli statement execute error : BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`db`.`social_forum`.`member_count` - 1)'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/DataWriter/SocialForumMember.php at line 237
Waindigo_SocialGroups_DataWriter_SocialForumMember->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1767
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php at line 550
Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialForum->actionJoin() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /-----/-----/-----/forum/index.php at line 13

You need to rebuild the social forum cache by going to Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild Social Forums.

I've looked into this and the view permission isn't supported at the moment. I need to come up with a better way of displaying the list of social forums to get this to work. Sorry about that.

I just want to check that I understand this as I find the view permission a bit confusing (view individual groups vs view social groups node)

Problem:

- There is currently no way to have a Social Groups node with privileges that will allow restriction of access to child groups, while having a visible list of child groups.
- We either therefore have all open groups, or groups which can only be accessed with a known URL, and the Groups Category itself is never viewed.

If I have understood that correctly, can we work around this by creating this structure?

• - Social Category with view social forum permission enabled
    • open social group one
    • open social group two
    • Link to no-view social group three
    • Link to no-view social group four
  • Social Category with view social forum permission revoked
    • no-view social group three
    • no-view social group four
Or should I wait Waindigo until you've had a chance to look further at this?

I just want to check that I understand this as I find the view permission a bit confusing (view individual groups vs view social groups node)

Problem:

- There is currently no way to have a Social Groups node with privileges that will allow restriction of access to child groups, while having a visible list of child groups.
- We either therefore have all open groups, or groups which can only be accessed with a known URL, and the Groups Category itself is never viewed.

If I have understood that correctly, can we work around this by creating this structure?

• - Social Category with view social forum permission enabled
    • open social group one
    • open social group two
    • Link to no-view social group three
    • Link to no-view social group four
  • Social Category with view social forum permission revoked
    • no-view social group three
    • no-view social group four
Or should I wait Waindigo until you've had a chance to look further at this?
An open group means that users can apply to join the group. Social categories can contain a mixture of open and closed groups.

I think what you are referring to is not being able to selectively hide groups in the list of social groups. This will require a separate permissions system (perhaps in this add-on, or maybe in the main add-on) especially for this, so it would need someone to contribute. Please contact me by PM if you are interested in contributing.

Top Bottom