[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Social Groups by Waindigo (version 1.0.0b) - Allow your users/moderators to create forums from the front end and choose who can view the contents

Description:

This add-on adds a new Social Category node type, within which you can set permissions so that users or moderators can create Social Forums from the front end.

Each Social Category can be set up with different default permissions, with additional user permissions given to users who opt to join or are moderators of a Social Forum.

Social Forums can be customised with their own logos and full BB code introductions.

The add-on also includes an importer...

Read more about this resource...

No choice unfortunately, although the old thread is still visible here:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/social-groups-by-waindigo-paid-deleted.33826/

Resource Manager doesn't allow converting add-on's from paid to free. Doesn't bother me now though, as my new policy is to only release add-on's for free.

Got a few of your mods on my forums my members love, not sure if the term is sh*tting gold, but you sir excrete valuable matter on a regular basis *tips hat*

tldr; awesome bro

Got a few of your mods on my forums my members love, not sure if the term is sh*tting gold, but you sir excrete valuable matter on a regular basis *tips hat*

tldr; awesome bro
Please also thank all the wonderful members who have contributed (yourself included) so that these add-ons can be made -- without the generous support of these members, I wouldn't be able to devote my time to this. Long may it continue...

When I click on any threads I receive the following error:
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum::canWatchForum() in /home/beinggin/public_html/library/ForumWatch/Extend/ControllerPublic/Thread.php on line 9

I'm not moderator of any social group but when I approve join requests, it will have this error. The approval went through without problem, btw.

ErrorException: Undefined index: user_id - library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php:460
Generated By: Andy, Today at 12:58 AM
Stack Trace​
#0 /home/andy/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php(460): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/andy/publ...', 460, Array)
#1 /home/andy/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialForum->actionJoin()
#2 /home/andy/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/andy/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

When I click on any threads I receive the following error:
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum::canWatchForum() in /home/beinggin/public_html/library/ForumWatch/Extend/ControllerPublic/Thread.php on line 9
This appears to be an incompatibility with the ForumWatch add-on, which is not surprising. If you would like to contribute, I can add the ability to watch Social Forums. Otherwise, you will have to uninstall one of these add-ons unless you can get the developer of ForumWatch to fix this on his end.

This appears to be an incompatibility with the ForumWatch add-on, which is not surprising. If you would like to contribute, I can add the ability to watch Social Forums. Otherwise, you will have to uninstall one of these add-ons unless you can get the developer of ForumWatch to fix this on his end.
How much would I need to contribute?

Fixed issue that Social Forums tab on members' pages shows 'Loading...' when user is not a member of any Social Forums.
Thanks for the update.
Instead of showing Social forum tab and "This user is not a member of any social forums" on profiles page of members, I think it would be much cleaner to remove this tab since it does not provide any useful function and it is wasted space.

Thanks for the update.
Instead of showing Social forum tab and "This user is not a member of any social forums" on profiles page of members, I think it would be much cleaner to remove this tab since it does not provide any useful function and it is wasted space.
As silly as it sounds, this is not a bug, so you will have to contribute to fix this. Reason being that I would want to do this without adding an extra query, so that requires a little more work. Also, this add-on has lost me a lot of money thus far, so I'm not inclined to do any more free work on it.

Outstanding (y)

Not possible today, but sometime in the future I would like to help contribute either to this or send a donation.... Do you use Google Checkout?

I'm really loving this modification. I think you've done an outstanding job with this.

I did find 1 small bug (only 1). The totals (message totals) do not update on their own. You have to manually rebuild totals in AdminCP.

Does this support private social groups? So that only members who have been accepted into the group can actually see the group's threads.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'm looking for a way to create one (just one) extra member-area where instead of all members, only members who are part of a specific group are listed. So it's a forum for an organisation where everyone can create an account, but I want to highlight the members of the organisation as special users and create some "who are the members behind our organisation" page.

Is that possible at all, would this addon help me do this?

Top Bottom