[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

...and maybe another,

I'm also not seeing any moderation tools as far as deleting threads created in groups. All settings have worked prior to upgrade.

mod.webp

one of our members created a group, made a few threads, then locked and soft deleted the threads and then left the group without deleting it. I could not delete the group because it was not empty (according to error pop-up) and I had no option to delete it (see above). Error thrown:

ErrorException: Undefined index: user_id - library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php:531
Generated By: D.O.A., Today at 2:13 AM

Stack Trace #0/****/public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php(531): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/*****/g...', 531, Array)
#1 /*****/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialForum->actionJoin()
#2 /*****/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /*****/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
["url"] => string(74) "my.domain/social-forums/f-l-h-shoutbox.16/join?user_id=67"
["_GET"] => array(2) {
["/social-forums/f-l-h-shoutbox_16/join"] => string(0) ""
["user_id"] => string(2) "67"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Waindigo updated Social Groups by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1a released

New features:
  • Replaced create social forum permission with maximum number of social forums permission.
  • Now fully supports inline moderation tools.
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed bug with sticky threads in forum view.
  • Fixed styling issues with XenPorta Block.
  • Fixed issue with cache rebuilder mixing up node ids and social forum ids.
  • Fixed importer to add owner of existing group as creator of social forum.
  • Fixed bug that inline moderation does not appear...

Read the rest of this update entry...

creating group, latest version on a empty test forum. refreshing the page finds the group created though.

PHP:
Undefined index: default_watch_state

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/DataWriter/SocialForumMember.php at line 79
    Waindigo_SocialGroups_DataWriter_SocialForumMember->_checkForumWatch() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/DataWriter/SocialForumMember.php at line 58
    Waindigo_SocialGroups_DataWriter_SocialForumMember->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1422
    XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1361
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialCategory.php at line 288
    Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialCategory->actionAddSocialForum() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/gw2forum/public_html/index.php at line 13

if you request to join a social group you get error too..

PHP:
Server Error

Undefined index: default_watch_state

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/DataWriter/SocialForumMember.php at line 79
    Waindigo_SocialGroups_DataWriter_SocialForumMember->_checkForumWatch() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/DataWriter/SocialForumMember.php at line 58
    Waindigo_SocialGroups_DataWriter_SocialForumMember->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1422
    XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1361
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php at line 622
    Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialForum->actionJoin() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/gw2forum/public_html/index.php at line 13

You should be able to fix this by going into the Admin CP options for this add-on and setting a default watch state for new members. I will fix this bug properly in the next release.

Upgraded to 1.0.1a but I don't have alerts for join requests it. Do I have to do anything or it's coming up next?
Shouldn't have to do anything other than create a social forum (and therefore be the "creator" of that social forum). I will check that there is not a bug.

If you created the group before the creator functionality was added, then you won't be recorded as the creator and won't receive an alert. I have not yet implemented the ability to re-assign the creator of a group.
This is why. I just want to make sure it's included in 1.0.1a.

This is why. I just want to make sure it's included in 1.0.1a.
Still trying to work out the best way of alerting moderators. There is a lot to think about, such as whether/how this should be optional, whether it should be permission based, should alerts be removed once request is accepted/rejected, etc.. I don't want to bombard people with alerts but, at the same time, I don't want to make any decisions that make life harder for admins and are difficult to reverse later.

I am getting this error when I try to import from the old social groups addon...

Undefined index: node_id
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Importer/XfAddOns/Groups.php at line 59
  2. Waindigo_SocialGroups_Importer_XfAddOns_Groups->validateConfiguration() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Importer/XfAddOns/Groups.php at line 18
  3. Waindigo_SocialGroups_Importer_XfAddOns_Groups->configure() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 56
  4. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionConfig() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/shadowsp/public_html/vb/admin.php at line 13

Not sure if it has been mentioned; It would be nice if the group moderator could assign others to moderate. Not sure what that involves, but right now only the creator can approve a request.

Also any news about this working with your Last Post Avatar add-on?

I'm currently seeing threads duplicate and overwrite other threads. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. I deleted the add-on, checked to ensure the database tables had been deleted, re-created, and the behavior persists. The "ghosting" thread will change based on new threads posted.

dupethread.webp

Top Bottom