• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
[TH] Search

[TH] Search 1.0.4

No permission to download

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Search by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - A collection of new search improvements including a number of days filter and improved wildcard.

This add-on adds a number of useful features to the search to allow for linking to more filtered search results.

This includes:
  • allow filtering by the number of days that you wish to search by adding &days=x;
  • removes the requirement for&keywords=xxxx when a number of days is specified, and also allows you to search using the wildcard character &keywords=*, producing the same result;
Additionally,...
Read more about this resource...

Deepmartini

Does this mod remove the annoying thing in search that is always checked and says "search this forum only"? How many times have you done a search and it comes up with zero because that little box is checked off. How annoying! LOL :eek: Then you have to uncheck it and search again.

Jon W

Does this mod remove the annoying thing in search that is always checked and says "search this forum only"? How many times have you done a search and it comes up with zero because that little box is checked off. How annoying! LOL :eek: Then you have to uncheck it and search again.
No it doesn't.

Kintaro

when a search give 0 (zero) results the page is similar to xenforo's? or it will notice the user that there's 0 results and a new search form prefilled with the last search will be served?

Jon W

when a search give 0 (zero) results the page is similar to xenforo's? or it will notice the user that there's 0 results and a new search form prefilled with the last search will be served?
The behaviour if there are no results should be the same as with XenForo without this add-on installed.

Just so I don't clutter up the other thread I'll move my question here. :)

As I mentioned, I'm trying to get the search output to list *all* results if someone uses a wildcard in a field. I've allowed people to enter their usernames on external sites and services into custom fields on their profile, and I'd like members to be able to search for and get a list of all members who have filled it out.

At present after installing this and the other addon you mentioned, I can get search results if I specifically type out the full text in a field. (For example, if I search mixvio specifically then my forum profile turns up, but mix or any other variation doesn't.) However I would like members to be able to use wildcards to get a list of every user who put anything at all into those fields, and this isn't working. It's very important that they're able to get *all* results of anything entered into whatever field they're searching for. Will this provide that functionality or am I misunderstanding its use? So far I can't get it to work unless I enter the full text.

I updated and rebuilt the cache, however if I put * into a search field I still get "No results." Is the "any" wildcard something else?

Jon W

Just leave the box blank. No need to type *.

Also you won't be able to do a wildcard search on everything, but it should work for the user search.

That doesn't really help me then. Let me link you and maybe this will explain what I'm trying to do:

http://forum.gaymers.com.au/search/?type=user

If you scroll further down there's a bunch of options for Steam Username, Battle.net ID, Xbox Live ID and so on. I want members to be able to search for any member who put something into a particular field. If all fields are blank then the entire member list turns up in search results and that's not what I'm after for obvious reasons. :)

ETA: For example, if I want to search for all members who added their Steam username or all users who entered their Xbox Live ID and get a list of results so I can find other members who play what I play.