[TH] Promotion Message by ThemeHouse [Deleted]

Right, installed and working correctly. There's one thing I need to change in the phrase...

{username} needs to be a link to the promoted users profile. We can't use the 'post as promoted user' option because this gets posted into our admin section for discussion.

Any ideas?
Edit the phrase waindigo_congratulations_thread_message_promotionmessage. You should be able to put @ in front of the user's name to get it to work like that.

Hmm maybe I spoke a bit too soon.

It seems to be posting random notifications about accounts that have not changed.

Here you can see a user that was imported from VB...

SdvTsSw.png

Why then did it just post a notification that this user was upgraded to the 'Full members' group?

It's done this for four accounts so far.

Is there another add-on that might be promoting users for some reason? The code in this add-on is quite specific in that it only runs when a user is promoted using a user group promotion. It just isn't possible for a message to be sent out for anything else unless another add-on is interfering.

There's nothing else promoting people for sure. I'm sure it's XF system actually promoting people, but not as we would expect it to happen.

I'll try and summarise.

Auto-promotion is from Primary Group A (registered members) to Secondary Group B after 5 posts.
User is a member of registered members, posted at least 5 messages, registered for 7 days.

That is working fine for registered members.

When we imported the forum it maintained our original VB group names, so we moved all the accounts to Group A, and the correct secondary group for their status.

That's all confirmed in the account change log.

However, when users that are already members of both Group A and B log in for the first time on XF, it's detected as being an account upgrade somehow, by something. This account upgrade did not happen. There's nothing in the log, and in fact nothing to upgrade to or from. It just seems to be something that's triggered by them logging in.

There's nothing else promoting people for sure. I'm sure it's XF system actually promoting people, but not as we would expect it to happen.

I'll try and summarise.

Auto-promotion is from Primary Group A (registered members) to Secondary Group B after 5 posts.
User is a member of registered members, posted at least 5 messages, registered for 7 days.

That is working fine for registered members.

When we imported the forum it maintained our original VB group names, so we moved all the accounts to Group A, and the correct secondary group for their status.

That's all confirmed in the account change log.

However, when users that are already members of both Group A and B log in for the first time on XF, it's detected as being an account upgrade somehow, by something. This account upgrade did not happen. There's nothing in the log, and in fact nothing to upgrade to or from. It just seems to be something that's triggered by them logging in.
If they are already in the appropriate group, the promotion will still happen although there will be nothing in the log as nothing has actually changed. There will be an entry in the user group promotion table in the database though. I think the only way to get round this would be to fill that table in with all the promotions, which would then stop this from happening.

Stopped working correctly last night.

It posts the message but is using the original default value not the edited phrase text, which is still in the phrase.

Anyone know of something similar for XF2?

nevermind, I'll just use the notices system.

Last edited:
Top Bottom