• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
[TH] Post on Reported Content

[TH] Post on Reported Content 1.0.1

No permission to download

Ingenious

This was working fine when I installed it, now it doesn't, where should I start trying to trouble shoot this?

The only changes I have made since install, AFAIK, are:

1. I installed Jake's nodes as tabs, but even after deactivating that, the reports plugin doesn't work.
2. I moved the target forum from the bottom of the node list to the top. However the node ID stayed the same. But to be sure, I changed the target forum for the threads to another one as a test just now, and it didn't create their either.

I can't see any entries in the server error log. When reporting a post, it still creates the report fine in the report centre, plus emails me about it (thanks to another plugin that was already installed anyway).

Just a bit confused why this would work, then stop working.

ashkir

This is a curious feature. We ended up disabling it. Rather like it, but, could use better organization. We would prefer threads to be titled with the title of the reported thread & reported username.

But this is a neat feature let alone!

Nudaii

This was working fine when I installed it, now it doesn't, where should I start trying to trouble shoot this?

The only changes I have made since install, AFAIK, are:

1. I installed Jake's nodes as tabs, but even after deactivating that, the reports plugin doesn't work.
2. I moved the target forum from the bottom of the node list to the top. However the node ID stayed the same. But to be sure, I changed the target forum for the threads to another one as a test just now, and it didn't create their either.

I can't see any entries in the server error log. When reporting a post, it still creates the report fine in the report centre, plus emails me about it (thanks to another plugin that was already installed anyway).

Just a bit confused why this would work, then stop working.
Thats very curious as both site i have this on use jakes nodes with tabs add-on

Nudaii

This is a curious feature. We ended up disabling it. Rather like it, but, could use better organization. We would prefer threads to be titled with the title of the reported thread & reported username.

If someone wants to take this add-on and expand it, I would not mind, in fact would welcome it!

CTXMedia

Formerly CyclingTribe
Thanks for releasing this. We're currently trialing it on CycleChat as we prefer the "old fashioned" method of dealing with reports via forum threads.

There are a couple of things that we might want tweaking - do you know if the author is willing to do custom changes to this add-on?

Ingenious

The activity on this thread has prompted me to revisit this plugin. As stated in September, it stopped working for no reason. I have just downloaded the files again, uninstalled the plugin, removed the files from the server, re-uploaded the newly downloaded files, installed it, now it works again (without making any other changes to any other settings or plugins). Answers on a postcard :) At least it's working again.

I use this alongside the add-on to email mods on a report, plus use an email to SMS gateway. So when posts are reported we get emails, I get a text message (great in peak times) and finally a thread is created in the mod forum so we don't have to use the report centre which we have never gotten used to.

James

It's set in the DW here:
PHP:
$dw->bulkSet(array(
    'user_id' => $visitor['user_id'],
    'username' => $visitor['username'],
    'title' => $title,
    'node_id' => $options->newThreadOnReportCategory,
));
If you change the title key to "$thread['title'] - $phrases['reported_x_by'] . ': ' . $visitor['username']", it may just do what you want.

Typing this from work after scanning the code in notepad, so I may be slightly mistaken.[/PHP]

James

Report.php line 89.
OK fixed, if you change $title to:
PHP:
$title = $thread['title'] ." - ". $phrases['reported_x_by'] . ': ' . $visitor['username'];
The thread title will be changed to your needs.

ashkir

Well with that it produced a php error because of the phrases.

But, I shortened it to just the $thread['title'] and it did exactly what we wanted.

Ingenious

OK, this worked for the first reported post, but not for any subsequent ones, despite nothing changing in the forum in the mean time. Clearly I can't just remove then install this after every report.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

Nudaii

unsure why thats happening, we have it installed on 2 (sadly) very high report traffic forums (some days 100 reports) and both sites are performing well

Nudaii

I have contacted a well known coder here to take over this add-on.

If he agrees he will work on adding features, if people are willing to contribute for the development.

Ingenious

That's good news Richard. I'm more interested in getting the plugin working though, rather than new features. The most important feature is that it does actually create a thread on report, which it the moment, it doesn't :oops:

Ingenious

Just wanted to revisit this thread as I had posted a lot above about this add-on not working. It now works fine. I think I have traced the problem down to an obscure issue I had with another add-on which was including a PHP file which then included another PHP file. Although that add-on is unrelated, it started to go wrong too (see this thread). Since I re-coded that one to run everything I need within the plug-in files and not include any other files, it works fine, and suddenly, this plug-in started to work fine too!

I can only guess then the faulty add-on was also stopping this one working and wanted to put the record straight by saying that now it all seems to be fine.