[TH] Notifier - with Slack integration [Deleted]

Will you add other services (Discord) in the future or this add-on is made only for Slack / Mattermost?

Do you guys have any plans for a Pushover Add on Dalton?

I can see how the slack notifications could be good for admins, mods or special user groups. But if I'm understanding it correctly this seems more like a notification system for staff, vs users, is that right?

Just wondering if you guys have any plans to get notifications to users (namely iOS users) in the form of Pushover or some other kind of integration?

Do you guys have any plans for a Pushover Add on Dalton?
No specific plans at this time, no.

I can see how the slack notifications could be good for admins, mods or special user groups. But if I'm understanding it correctly this seems more like a notification system for staff, vs users, is that right?

Just wondering if you guys have any plans to get notifications to users (namely iOS users) in the form of Pushover or some other kind of integration?
Yeah user-specific support is not supported, as that could be very bad for forums on shared hosting. You'd get mass notifications every post, every like, etc. Its possible, but not something we're planning on doing without some hosted service powering it. That could be something we do if more people are interested.

I've been waiting for this to get a 2.x release, but it seems to drop Slack webhooks in favor of the Slack API? I'm not familliar with this.

Did Slack discontinue the webhook method? I don't actually use Slack, but I remember using Discord and Rocket.Chat with the 1.x release of this addon since those have inbuilt compatibility for Slack webhooks. Most of the "me too" open source Slack clones go out of their way to support them.

Will buy if a method to use Rocket.Chat is added. Can't use this as-is unfortunately.

Ah, another one we've been waiting for xf2.x - but just to clarify, does this new version function more or less like the xf1.5 version of the Slack integration? We just pull the feeds in from XF and use Slack for team communication off the main site.

Ah, another one we've been waiting for xf2.x - but just to clarify, does this new version function more or less like the xf1.5 version of the Slack integration? We just pull the feeds in from XF and use Slack for team communication off the main site.
Yes, it adds support for more systems. Just a way to get notifications onto other environment, could be chat plugins, could be flags for IFTTT potentially, twitter status updates, all kinds of options. Right now we have Slack and Mattermost.

Not currently, but makes sense so we can look into it :)

Great! I have an add-on for XF 1.x that sends an e-mail as soon as there's an error in the log - it's really valuable to be able to spot any errors right away.

Just bought the add-on. Looking forward to giving it a spin!

Hi, is there a way to create two Slack apps/bots so that I can post in two different slack workspaces? Thanks!

Great! I have an add-on for XF 1.x that sends an e-mail as soon as there's an error in the log - it's really valuable to be able to spot any errors right away.

Just bought the add-on. Looking forward to giving it a spin!

Very clearly, I omitted this detail during the quotation (hehehe), it would be a great addition in the future!

Thank you for your work.

Top Bottom