[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons

[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons 1.1.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
I spent a few minutes toggling template modifications for this add-on back and forth. The modification named "th_node_list_forum_nodeIcon_nodes" is the one causing the problems.

This uses a regular expression to apply the modification:
/(node-icon|(subNodeLink))([^"]".?>)(?:<i(.?)>(.?)<\/i>)?/

This has an execution order of 10.

In the TV thread starter add-on, the template modification being prevented from applying by this plugin is named "snogTV17". The regular expression used here is:
/<span class="node-icon" aria-hidden="true">(.*?)<\/span>/s

This has an execution order of 11.

Would swapping the execution order solve this? The option to do that is grayed out for me, but maybe that's the answer?

Swapping the execution order will likely resolve the issue. The regex for the TV thread starter add-on is not flexible enough to deal with any modifications to the node icon object. Ideally it would need to be reworked to cope modifications.

It depends on what exactly the replacement/regex is accomplishing. I'd try something along this lines:
Code:
#<span.*class="node-icon".*>(.*?)</span>#sU
It pretty much boils down to just having everything that isn't specifically needed for your regex to match to be flexbile.

It depends on what exactly the replacement/regex is accomplishing. I'd try something along this lines:
Code:
#<span.*class="node-icon".*>(.*?)</span>#sU
It pretty much boils down to just having everything that isn't specifically needed for your regex to match to be flexbile.

I'll try that a bit later. :)

Is there any extra.less code that I can input, to not show the Post thread... & Watch icons in the (node) footer? (I still want the footer there, with the --> More)

Last edited:
Is there any extra.less code that I can input, to not show the Post thread... & Watch icons in the (node) footer? (I still want the footer there, with the --> More)
Input this code into your extra.less template as it will remove those icons for you but leave the -> More link as you requested on the node footer.

CSS:
.node-footer--actions {
    display: none;
}

@Dalton Prock

When applying a background image to a parent node, is there a way to prevent the image from also automatically being applied to all child/sub nodes?
Did you make background image changes through the Default layout and styling section of Node layout and styling? If so, there is no way to keep those images from showing within child/sub nodes.

Now if you went ahead and made changes on a per theme basis then you wouldn't have to worry about them showing then. So just choose a theme from the drop-down (screenshot 1) and change the background image for each forum that isn't child/sub based(screenshot2).

Attachments

• screenshot1.webp
    screenshot1.webp
    5 KB · Views: 8
  • screenshot2.webp
    screenshot2.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 20
Did you make background image changes through the Default layout and styling section of Node layout and styling? If so, there is no way to keep those images from showing within child/sub nodes.

Now if you went ahead and made changes on a per theme basis then you wouldn't have to worry about them showing then. So just choose a theme from the drop-down (screenshot 1) and change the background image for each forum that isn't child/sub based(screenshot2).
No, it doesn't matter what individual style I choose. If I set a background image to a parent node, all that node's subnodes show the same background - in that style only, to be clear, not all styles. Granted, I can apply a different background image to each subnode, but until I do each will show the parent node's background by default. If this isn't something you can reproduce on your end, then I suppose I can only assume it's a conflict with another addon (although I have no errors) or a bug with my version. I'm still using an old version: 1.0.7 Patch Level 1.

No, it doesn't matter what individual style I choose. If I set a background image to a parent node, all that node's subnodes show the same background - in that style only, to be clear, not all styles. Granted, I can apply a different background image to each subnode, but until I do each will show the parent node's background by default. If this isn't something you can reproduce on your end, then I suppose I can only assume it's a conflict with another addon (although I have no errors) or a bug with my version. I'm still using an old version: 1.0.7 Patch Level 1.
Interesting - I'm gonna test this a bit deeper to see if I am able to replicate it at all on one of my other demos.

I am still using an old version: 1.0.7 Patch Level 1.

I guess after the last upgrade of UIX- 2 to 2.1.10.0.0 , for FORUMs NODE GRID feature is missing ?? "Category" has still NODE GRID feature.

How can I use NODE GRID for "forum" ?

Category NODE Grid:
Screenshot_1.jpg

Forum does not have NODE Grid anymore ?
Screenshot_2.jpg

Because of that reasons, all sub-forums are listed like that :(
Screenshot_3.jpg

I want to have them as side by side as it was before like this:
Screenshot_4.jpg

I am still using an old version: 1.0.7 Patch Level 1.

I guess after the last upgrade of UIX- 2 to 2.1.10.0.0 , for FORUMs NODE GRID feature is missing ?? "Category" has still NODE GRID feature.

How can I use NODE GRID for "forum" ?

Category NODE Grid:
View attachment 227743

Forum does not have NODE Grid anymore ?
View attachment 227744

Because of that reasons, all sub-forums are listed like that :(
View attachment 227745

I want to have them as side by side as it was before like this:
View attachment 227747
I am not able to replicate what you are as I tested both 1.0.7, 1.0.7 PL1, and 1.0.7 PL2 for what you mentioned above. I was never able to replicate the node grid section when editing each node. If you'd like to change the node grid then navigate to Forums -> Node layout and styling -> Default layout and styling. Although I may be missing something please let me know :)

I am not able to replicate what you are as I tested both 1.0.7, 1.0.7 PL1, and 1.0.7 PL2 for what you mentioned above. I was never able to replicate the node grid section when editing each node.
Very strange.
If you'd like to change the node grid then navigate to Forums -> Node layout and styling -> Default layout and styling. Although I may be missing something please let me know :)
I can remember what "Default layout and styling" is doing? I always configure "Category" and "forums" as I show at above.

I have demo site with same problem. So may be it will be better that I can open a ticket and you can check yourself @Dalton Prock

With some template mods + css, I was able to get the custom icons used to display node icons on our New Posts and Trending views for threads... because thread starter avatars aren’t that helpful.

Top Bottom