[TH] Mailing List [Deleted]

I've got it set up on both ends, but the selected subscribers aren't being sent to Mailchimp. I've manually run the cron; nothing. I think the rebuild cache option just assigns all users to a mailing list within XF, right? How do I get things to sync to Mailchimp?

I've got it set up on both ends, but the selected subscribers aren't being sent to Mailchimp. I've manually run the cron; nothing. I think the rebuild cache option just assigns all users to a mailing list within XF, right? How do I get things to sync to Mailchimp?
Once a user subscribes to a mailing list they are sent over to Mailchimp.

There is currently no handling of bouncing and unsubscribing from outside your XenForo installation, so if the user decides to unsubscribe via the link provided by MailChimp, our system will still perform a query but MailChimp would simply deny sending them that email. We can look into a timely check to see if a user has unsubscribed from a mailing list outside of the addon.
Hello @silence, just wondering if there has been any progress on this?

Just worried the contact list will go out of sync if I send out newsletters via MailChimp and certain members opt out via MailChimp footer links...

Just worried the contact list will go out of sync if I send out newsletters via MailChimp and certain members opt out via MailChimp footer links...
I'll see if upon sending a request to a user, if it returns some type of error saying they unsubscribed and then removes them from XenForo. Would that work?

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Mailing List with a new update entry:

Version 2.0.0 Released

New Features:
  • Initial newsletter system implemented
  • Newsletters can be sent to all users
  • Unsubscribe preference for users to unsubscribe from newsletters
  • Copy option to quickly duplicate an existing newsletter to be edited
  • Usergroup selection for who can receive a newsletter
  • Basic newsletter statistics including number of times sent, and total amount of unsubscribed users

Read the rest of this update entry...

Alright so initial support for newsletters is out, but we want to make it as flexible as possible for all.

Please let us know what you want to see implemented, whether it be a scheduling system or further options for newsletters!

• Basic newsletter statistics including number of times sent, and total amount of unsubscribed users

Does this mean that I can now send out newsletters using the Xenforo "email to members" function?

That is what I need. An HTML template like Bama's that can be emailed to users using the FREE Xenforo Emailing system.

For future features, a scheduler would be great. So, for example, every month, on Sunday at 4am when server demand is low, I can schedule a newsletter to be sent out.
Also, subscribe/unsubscribe options at registration would be nice- let them choose when they sign up to get the newsletter or not.

Does this mean that I can now send out newsletters using the Xenforo "email to members" function?

That is what I need. An HTML template like Bama's that can be emailed to users using the FREE Xenforo Emailing system.

For future features, a scheduler would be great. So, for example, every month, on Sunday at 4am when server demand is low, I can schedule a newsletter to be sent out.
Also, subscribe/unsubscribe options at registration would be nice- let them choose when they sign up to get the newsletter or not.
Yep! You just go to the newsletter list and click Send. It will ask you to confirm and then it starts sending out emails to all users who have not disabled newsletters.

We will do the scheduler and add the option at registration as well.

It seems that Mailchimp has a webhook system where it can send a request to anywhere upon subscribe/unsubscribe. I'll look to implement using that since it would be far less intensive.

Then I'll make a cron that runs maybe once every few days or once a week that does a full check incase something was missed and for services that don't support webhooks.

Top Bottom