first time using this, when trying to install i get given the error:

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'additional_data'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in KL/Install.php at line 111
  4. KL_Install::_processData() in KL/Install.php at line 152
  5. KL_Install::install()
  6. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/rustralasia/html/admin.php at line 13
running xenforo 1.5.11

Didn't have such issue with my live forum. It's running XenForo 1.5.12, but I installed the latest version of the add-on when it was still using an older version of XenForo (can no longer remember which).
I just tried uninstalling the one on my offline dev forum (also XenForo 1.5.12) and then installed the add-on again, but it completed with no issue whatsoever.

It seems like if the font title (in Editor Font List) is formatted something like this: Exo 2 or Exo 23432, the editor will always fail to apply the font when it's selected. I had to rename the font into Exo-2 for it to work properly. Oh well, doesn't matter I guess.

We had figured out the issue; for some reason another forum on the server was screwing with our database, so it was nothing related to the addon. Sorry for the confusion.

Phew... just got it installed in 3rd attempt with manual deletion of the new tables.

Maybe you can change this, if you want,
1st: No or catched unlink in the install script, or with the dirty @sign ;) .M, my Server has no rights to delete PHP Files for security reasons and this addon is the first that has problems with it
and
2nd: Maybe create a check for the tables, if there exists so that the 2nd try of install will work and did not run into a database error.

Then I have a question, how to work with it. I have added Google Fonts via Editor Font List.
And for what purpose is the Google WebFont? I can't figure it out.

And wait, I have an Idea.

I use a Google WebFont as my Font in the Front-End. It would be awesome, if only the Staff can use it in Posts.

If you use Google Fonts in front-end, disable the instance where your style adds Google Fonts (the <link> tag referring to the Google Fonts' CSS), then add them to this add-on's Fonts List (not the Google Fonts whitelist/blacklist feature). The add-on will add the Google Fonts' CSS by itself while also letting your users to use it in posts.

Sorry for the extremely long delay everyone. Thanks to the feedback I've been able to locate the errors and will rework the Installer by the end of the week to get rid of those in the future. Expect an update for most of my addons soon.

katsulynx updated [KL] Fonts Manager with a new update entry:

Version 2.0.6

PATCH NOTES
Installer

• Fixed an error that caused the installer to fail installing some addons, if the server has no file write permission.
  • Fixed an error that caused the installer to fail installing or updating some addons with database tables.
There is no need to install this update, if you're running the latest version (2.0.5).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Then I have a question, how to work with it. I have added Google Fonts via Editor Font List.
And for what purpose is the Google WebFont? I can't figure it out.

To explain that in detail:

The Google WebFonts list is basically a blacklist or whitelist (depending on settings) that allows your user to use additional fonts from the google webfont service. The difference between this and the regular font list is as follows:
  • The Webfonts are only loaded if they are explicitely used by a user.
  • In Blacklist mode, users can potentially use all fonts without you having to specify all of them in the font list (and flood the editor dropdown with options).
  • The fonts are not included in the WYSIWYG-Editor and are subsequently not rendered

I'm having an issue with this addon because I'm doing something it's probably not supposed to do... but I figured maybe someone here could help me anyway.

My site uses custom fonts hosted on the server itself, in a /fonts directory, which are added to xenforo by defining @font-face in EXTRA.css.

(I want to use these, instead of uploading through the addon, so I can support all font formats rather than just .woff).

Anyway, f I add those fonts to this addon as "custom", it works, except that the fonts don't display in the editor window itself.

I checked the css generated by the editor and it's correct, the browser just can't find the font. This suggests that EXTRA.css isn't available when the redactor window is being rendered.

So... is there a particular css file I can edit, to add @font-face to the redactor?

Thanks very much if I can get any help, I know this isn't a common request.

The addon includes the fonts into the editor via JavaScript. There's no way to add those there, without breaking it with potential future updates.
To have a safe way of including them, create a template modification for the xenforo-default template "editor_contents.css" and include your fonts there.

The addon includes the fonts into the editor via JavaScript. There's no way to add those there, without breaking it with potential future updates.
To have a safe way of including them, create a template modification for the xenforo-default template "editor_contents.css" and include your fonts there.

Works great! Thanks very much for the light speed response.

If you're looking for an alternative/port for XenForo 2.0, the Editor Manager is now available here. Please make a backup of your configuration before porting over. Your settings and custom fonts are not converted when upgrading and will be lost if you don't save them manually.

The installer only has 253 lines, there's no way there can be a syntax error in that line unless it has been hampered with or been damaged.

Top Bottom