[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal

[TH] Featured Threads and Content Portal 1.0.6

No permission to download
Beter abandon all Themehouse add-ons as they pull the plug on Xenforo.
You are actually able to renew/purchase a small number of add-ons on their site (not sure if it is intentional, but @Mike C could tell you).

They have pulled support away from XenForo, and prefer using their ticket system so if there are issues just issue a ticket 🤷‍♂️.

Hi-

Am I missing something? I'm on 2.2. I expected this add-on to create a Featured Content page that created a Nav link in the main navbar. I see it on the first example image on this add-on's overview page.

Is this something I need to create or is it a bug?
It looks like the nav item got removed some time ago - I'm not actually sure why this was, I'll look into adding it back.
It's not working. The page is there but it's throwing off an error saying No Content Matches Your Filters. Then it is showing my slider, even though I didn't place it there.

I realize this is a free add-on but wish it was easier to implement.
What version are you running? 1.0.9 Patch Level 4 fixed an issue where the grid and slider content may have been pulled incorrectly, but the current version fixes this, and it will only show the slider if it is enabled.
Beter abandon all Themehouse add-ons as they pull the plug on Xenforo.
Again, inaccurate - we've pulled out of the community, but the addons are still receiving updates, evidenced by the fact this addon alone had 2 updates in October.

Hi - thank you.

I'm running 1.0.9 Patch Level 5. That is the latest I can see on your site.

You can see the issue here: https://scapecrunch.com/featured

At the moment, I have the slider only showing on forum list above content. I have the grid widget working only in featured content page.

If you go to ACP > Setup > Options > [TH] Featured Threads and Content: General Options, there are toggles here for the slider and grid on the featured page. These are independent of specifically configured widgets you have set up.

Hey thank you. Yes, that removed the slider from the Featured Content page.

However, the Featured Content page still shows "No content meeting your filter" notice. Any thoughts on that?

The featured items are already showing in the slider and grid, so if there's not enough items to show after they have been displayed, the list won't show any items.

To explain another way, there are 3 locations the items will display:

• slider
  • grid
  • list

If you feature an item to be featured in all 3 locations, they will first show in the slider (up to the slider display limit), then show in the grid (up to the grid display limit), then show in the list. Once an item is shown in either the slider or the grid, it won't be shown further down.

So if you had say 7 items featured in all 3 locations, you would have 5 show in the slider, 2 in the grid, and none in the list below. If you then disabled the slider, you would have 5 show in the grid, and 2 in the list below. If you disabled the slider and the grid, you would see all 7 in the list.

I understand. Thank you.

So I deselected Slider and Grid in the ACP Options. Now the two featured threads are showing in the list on the Featured Content page. The notice regarding No content matching your filters is NOT showing now.

However, I want the two threads to show up in Grid format. Following your suggestion, I should be able to select Grid in the ACP and the two threads should show in Grid format. However, the script should stop there. There is no need to show "No content matching your filters" after the two thread items in Grid.

The featured items are already showing in the slider and grid, so if there's not enough items to show after they have been displayed, the list won't show any items.

To explain another way, there are 3 locations the items will display:

• slider
  • grid
  • list

If you feature an item to be featured in all 3 locations, they will first show in the slider (up to the slider display limit), then show in the grid (up to the grid display limit), then show in the list. Once an item is shown in either the slider or the grid, it won't be shown further down.

So if you had say 7 items featured in all 3 locations, you would have 5 show in the slider, 2 in the grid, and none in the list below. If you then disabled the slider, you would have 5 show in the grid, and 2 in the list below. If you disabled the slider and the grid, you would see all 7 in the list.
Ahhhhh so I needed to feature more. Got ya! 👍

I understand. Thank you.

So I deselected Slider and Grid in the ACP Options. Now the two featured threads are showing in the list on the Featured Content page. The notice regarding No content matching your filters is NOT showing now.

However, I want the two threads to show up in Grid format. Following your suggestion, I should be able to select Grid in the ACP and the two threads should show in Grid format. However, the script should stop there. There is no need to show "No content matching your filters" after the two thread items in Grid.
If you edit the thfeature_featured_index template, and remove this:

Code:
<xf:else />
<xf:if is="$filters">
    <div class="blockMessage">{{ phrase('thfeature_no_content_matching_your_filters') }}</div>
    <xf:else />
    <div class="blockMessage">{{ phrase('thfeature_no_content_has_been_featured_yet') }}</div>
</xf:if>

This will stop that message from showing.

Hi @ThemeHouse

I am trying to add a thread to the slider, grid view and list section. However, Content is not added to the grid and list view even though Slider is added.

Could you please support me with this issue?

Thanks in advance...

This is by design, featured content will only show in one location at a time. If it is in the slider it won’t be in the grid and list, and if it’s in the grid it won’t be in the list.

Explained further a few posts up: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/th-featured-threads-and-content-portal.166623/post-1606290

Thank you so much. it could be good it you could add a small description below the options. It is not big issue but it can be good for next release, and a hiding option for filters sidebar.

1675096348929.png

Top Bottom