[TH] Email Reports [Deleted]

I have contacted a well known coder here to take over this add-on.

If he agrees he will work on adding features, if people are willing to contribute for the development.

Sounds like a very useful thing, will definitely try this out once it will be 1.2.0 compatible :)

Looks like a great addon... one that I feel every forum software should come with!

On my old platform you could enter a list of email addresses to which would get notifications. That was great because we didn't need or want all our team to get emails on all reports (some moderators were more active than others). I'd love to see an option that allows to choose which moderators get the email alerts or a text box to enter email addresses?

The link to the reported content doesn't work unless full friendly URLs are used.

It's working for me, and I'm amazed this feature isn't in XenForo by default. It would be even better if the forum title and thread title were included for reported posts, for when admins/supermods are supposed to pay attention to particular forums.

Excellent addition. :)
Although I've run into a bit of a snag.
We don't use the XF Report system, we instead use the inbuilt option to have reports create a thread in a private mod forum.
This plugin doesn't take that into account, so the emails are incorrect.
Looking at the original Model/Report.php within xenForo, the function 'reportContent' (which this plugin extends) drops into an if statement (If the report is going into a forum), ending with a
return $threadDw->save();

How would I get the variables out of that function so I can pass them to the email template?
I know you can't get variables from a parent function, so that's out.
The plugin calls the following code
parent::reportContent($contentType, $content, $message, $viewingUser);
and passes the result into a reportId, then passes that reportId to the getReportById function.
This won't work due to our reports going into threads.

Does anyone have any idea how to get round this? Anyone have any idea what I'm going on about? :D

Excellent addition. :)
Although I've run into a bit of a snag.
We don't use the XF Report system, we instead use the inbuilt option to have reports create a thread in a private mod forum.
This plugin doesn't take that into account, so the emails are incorrect.
Looking at the original Model/Report.php within xenForo, the function 'reportContent' (which this plugin extends) drops into an if statement (If the report is going into a forum), ending with a
return $threadDw->save();

How would I get the variables out of that function so I can pass them to the email template?
I know you can't get variables from a parent function, so that's out.
The plugin calls the following code
parent::reportContent($contentType, $content, $message, $viewingUser);
and passes the result into a reportId, then passes that reportId to the getReportById function.
This won't work due to our reports going into threads.

Does anyone have any idea how to get round this? Anyone have any idea what I'm going on about? :D
I'm happy to add support for this, but it would be a paid job. Please PM me if you are able to contribute.

Also, has anyone tested this to work with 1.3?
No issues as far as I am aware.

Could you please incorporate ManOnDaMoon extra information into the mail, especially the Node information, it would help the moderators know if the mail is about "their" forum. Thank you.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/email-reports-by-waindigo.28419/#post-389852

'reportedThread' => $contentInfo['thread_title'],
'reportedNode' => $contentInfo['node_title'],
'reportedContent' => $contentInfo['message']);
Would you be willing to make a small contribution for this? Perhaps a donation to the Waindigo Foundation?

Have donated a small sum now, I hope you don't think it was to small. I guess that I might donate or pay for help with other scripts in the future.

It would be helpful if the description for this add-on was more accurate. Currently it seems the emails go to every moderator aand admin, not just super moderators and admin as the description says.

Top Bottom