[TH] Donate

[TH] Donate 1.1.8 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
The account upgrade link isn't showing. How do I make it appear?
Do you mean the one in the account dropdown here?

1613691449681.webp

This only shows once some upgrades have been added, but this is core XF functionality and not something the addon adds in. Or do you mean the link should be appearing somewhere else?

Seem to have a couple of minor issues, firstly the message section doesn't seem to allow bbcodes? I can understand not allowing certain ones but is it possible to allow some of the text formatting ones?

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 17.30.41.png

and secondly it seems when reacting to the original message this is also added as a reaction to any reply comments until the page is refreshed:

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 17.30.50.png

Last edited:
Seem to have a couple of minor issues, firstly the message section doesn't seem to allow bbcodes? I can understand not allowing certain ones but is it possible to either allow some of the text formatting ones?

View attachment 247173

and secondly it seems when reacting to the original message this is also added as a reaction to any reply comments until the page is refreshed:

View attachment 247174
Thanks for reporting both of these, I can confirm both so will get these logged internally and hopefully fixed soon!

Last edited:
Seem to have a couple of minor issues, firstly the message section doesn't seem to allow bbcodes? I can understand not allowing certain ones but is it possible to allow some of the text formatting ones?

View attachment 247173

View attachment 247174
I have applied fixes for these issues internally, so we should have a release ready soon.

I think this was reported but looks like you mixed up your templates and they don't like UIX. Showed up after updating donate to 1.1.7. Given none of these were my edits (or other addons) should I revert to parent or leave as is?

1614734363999.png

I think this was reported but looks like you mixed up your templates and they don't like UIX. Showed up after updating donate to 1.1.7. Given none of these were my edits (or other addons) should I revert to parent or leave as is?

View attachment 247724
Yes, there was a bit of a mixup with the version numbers, a combination it being bumped to PL1 too soon, and a template being bundled inside UI.X itself. We will be having 1.1.7 PL1 releasing shortly which should straighten everything out, but until then you can revert/merge those for now if you haven't changed them.

Yes, there was a bit of a mixup with the version numbers, a combination it being bumped to PL1 too soon, and a template being bundled inside UI.X itself. We will be having 1.1.7 PL1 releasing shortly which should straighten everything out, but until then you can revert/merge those for now if you haven't changed them.

Gotcha. You probably shouldn't be shipping donate templates in uix, I'll revert them for now as they won't merge cleanly.

Yes, we had a brief internal discussion about it, originally I wasn't aware of it when getting 1.1.7 ready which led to this issue.

ran the update to 2.2.4 today and got this template error:

Code:
    ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canViewDonationCampaigns is not callable on the given object (XF\Entity\User) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1161

Generated by: Rambo Mar 16, 2021 at 2:57 AM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/dressedw/...', 1161, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1161): trigger_error('Method canViewD...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php(426): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\User), 'canViewDonation...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(7378): XF\Pub\App->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), NULL, Array)
#4 src/XF/Pub/App.php(575): XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure(Object(Closure), NULL, Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/App.php(526): XF\Pub\App->getNavigation(Array, NULL)
#6 src/XF/App.php(2131): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('

<div class...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\App->renderPage('

<div class...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#9 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(21) "/index.php?sw/offline"
  ["referrer"] => string(28) "https://www.dressedwell.net/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["sw/offline"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

had to disable the addon to get it to stop appearing

ran the update to 2.2.4 today and got this template error:

Code:
    ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canViewDonationCampaigns is not callable on the given object (XF\Entity\User) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1161

Generated by: Rambo Mar 16, 2021 at 2:57 AM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/dressedw/...', 1161, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1161): trigger_error('Method canViewD...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php(426): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\User), 'canViewDonation...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(7378): XF\Pub\App->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), NULL, Array)
#4 src/XF/Pub/App.php(575): XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure(Object(Closure), NULL, Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/App.php(526): XF\Pub\App->getNavigation(Array, NULL)
#6 src/XF/App.php(2131): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('

<div class...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\App->renderPage('

<div class...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#9 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(21) "/index.php?sw/offline"
  ["referrer"] => string(28) "https://www.dressedwell.net/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["sw/offline"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

had to disable the addon to get it to stop appearing
Hmm, we've had this reported once before but I couldn't see how it'd be possible - it doesn't seem to be loading the class extensions but XF should be setting these up when the addon is imported.

Can you confirm that your src/config.php doesn't have $config['enableListeners'] = false; in it?

Could you also go to ACP > Add-ons > [TH] Donate > options menu > Rebuild - this will re-import the code event listeners.

If this doesn't work, could you please submit a ticket, mention me/this thread, and provide an admin account, and access to your cPanel/equivalent so I can access to debug? Thank you.

@Mike Creuzer and @mattrogowski ,

since this is a donation addon via PayPal, I was expecting that you are making use of Paypals donation flag per payment. That way Paypal doesn´t charge handling fees and the entire amount of a §1 donation would be credited to the recipient without deduction. Instead it seems your addon handles donations as normal paymenets (for goods etc), where handling fees apply. I did a test donation and in the recipients account PayPal charged handling fees, so the recipient doesn´t receive the full dollar, but only 63 Cents. Could you please implement to mark a donation so Paypal indeed handles it as a donational transaction?

IIRC the only way you can actually accept donations that way (no fees) is to be a not-for-profit organization and have provided your information to PayPal.

IIRC the only way you can actually accept donations that way (no fees) is to be a not-for-profit organization and have provided your information to PayPal.
Wow, just checked up on this. It seems you are correct about this and PayPal has discontinued to offer free handling fees fo donations. Wasn´t aware of this and it´s a kinda bad surprise.

Yes, that was always my understanding - I'd looked into this before some time ago and you had to be registered. Seems to be confirmed here too.

I'm not familiar enough with the history of the addon to know if this ever did work in the past, but we did try and support it it seems - in the settings for the Payment Provider there is a setting for "Donation", which if enabled sets the cmd to _donations (you may have had to set up 2 PayPal profiles if you had another non-donation payments on your site), but the setting does say this is experimental, as I presume as PayPal's support of this was unclear, and perhaps now removed altogether.

Unfortunately, I think all payment providers will have hefty fees when the payment amounts are low. Stripe is 2.9% + 30c (only 1.4% + 20p in the UK), so on a $1 donation still only leaves you with 67c. Most payment providers don't have any real support for microtransactions or very small payment amounts, the fees are scaled for larger transactions which hammers you when it's a small payment.

Last edited:
Hello!

How this add-on is going in the last version of XF?

I'm thinking in opening a service of donations campaign in my website, but one question:

- There is any way to a USER start a campaign?

If not, no problem, i can use a specif node for posting there and i manually generate the campaign or other solution, using user conditionals (like, must have a social security number, things like that).

Hello!

How this add-on is going in the last version of XF?

I'm thinking in opening a service of donations campaign in my website, but one question:

- There is any way to a USER start a campaign?

If not, no problem, i can use a specif node for posting there and i manually generate the campaign or other solution, using user conditionals (like, must have a social security number, things like that).
This add-on does support the latest version of XenForo although I'm somewhat confused about what you are asking in reference to the user start a campaign. Are you asking if a normal user can start a campaign? If so, no, those can only be created and started within the backend of your forum.

If so, no, those can only be created and started within the backend of your forum.

Exactly.

But i can manage that. I'm trying to offer a new kind of service in my platform, like campaigns.

My solution is to create a simple restricted node for some common folks (with some permissions applying) to fill out a form and then, i manually open the campaign.

I think would work in that way.

Exactly.

But i can manage that. I'm trying to offer a new kind of service in my platform, like campaigns.

My solution is to create a simple restricted node for some common folks (with some permissions applying) to fill out a form and then, i manually open the campaign.

I think would work in that way.
Ah alright, yeah as I mentioned campaigns can only be created on the backend but you are welcome to set it up with however you like :)

Top Bottom