[TH] Content Creation Limits

[TH] Content Creation Limits [Paid] 1.0.0

No permission to buy ($10.00)

jb-net

Hi, great idea (y) Might buy it, but I have two Questions:
  • is it usergroup-permission based?
  • could an option "limit edits of posts" be included? Sometime users try to destroy discussion by destructively editing their own posts.

Dalton Prock

is it usergroup-permission based?
It sure is.

could an option "limit edits of posts" be included? Sometime users try to destroy discussion by destructively editing their own posts.
This may or may not be out of scope for this add-on but I'll surely mention it to our developers to see if it would be an ideal feature suggestion to add to our issue tracker.

Lukas W.

Formerly katsulynx
  • could an option "limit edits of posts" be included? Sometime users try to destroy discussion by destructively editing their own posts.
That's unfortunately not something we're looking into supporting at this time. To counter this specific case, we'd recommend making use of the existing XenForo option to limit edit time for posts to a small time window after posting, or removing edit permissions altogether for selected members.

jb-net

To counter this specific case, we'd recommend making use of the existing XenForo option to limit edit time for posts to a small time window after posting, or removing edit permissions altogether for selected members.
Thanks for the suggestions but it does not fit my needs:
  • My forum has many of huge threads (100+ pages) where the startpost often acts as a table of content and will be edited often - even month or years after creation. In this case, the post edit is helpful and desired.
  • Sadly, some users are destructive after a dispute and sometimes edit all their posts (since they are not able to delete) some with something like "-----" destroying whole threads since no one will not be able to understand the discussion. In this case, the edits are harmful.
Using the built-in XenForo option would harm the desired case (see above) and may not even prevent the damaging case if the user is within the time limit. Therefore, I would be very grateful for an option to limit the amount of edits within a certain time in order to limit the damage done by the user in the second case without prohibiting the useful cases.