[TH] Alphabetical Sorting for Resource Manager [Deleted]

I agree, having hundreds of sub-categories is a major pain in the a** anyway - they all needed created manually so why is setting a sort order much extra hassle?
That said, it shouldn't be that much money to add this if Waindigo wants to but its just re-inventing the wheel as the ability to order (sub)categories already exists. What we REALLY need is drag / drop ordering here and on nodes.

hi i have install new , and now i have this error message

Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first.

1. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
  2. spl_autoload_call() in Waindigo/ResAlphabetSort/Extend/XenResource/ControllerPublic/Resource.php at line 7
  3. include() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  4. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
  5. spl_autoload_call() in Waindigo/ResAlphabetSort/Extend/XenResource/Model/Resource.php at line 19
  6. Waindigo_ResAlphabetSort_Extend_XenResource_Model_Resource->prepareResourceOrderOptions() in XenResource/Model/Resource.php at line 99
  7. XenResource_Model_Resource->getResources() in XenResource/ControllerPublic/Author.php at line 77
  8. XenResource_ControllerPublic_Author->actionView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /www/htdocs/w01263e7/ligev.de/index.php at line

With the new update i have still the same Error since version 1.0 after a klick on the author of any ressource.

Code:
Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first.

XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
    spl_autoload_call() in Waindigo/ResAlphabetSort/Extend/XenResource/ControllerPublic/Resource.php at line 7
    include() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
    XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
    spl_autoload_call() in Waindigo/ResAlphabetSort/Extend/XenResource/Model/Resource.php at line 19
    Waindigo_ResAlphabetSort_Extend_XenResource_Model_Resource->prepareResourceOrderOptions() in XenResource/Model/Resource.php at line 99
    XenResource_Model_Resource->getResources() in XenResource/ControllerPublic/Author.php at line 77
    XenResource_ControllerPublic_Author->actionView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /www/htdocs/w01263e7/ligev.de/index.php at line

@otto

due to the letters "A to Z", the RM is not "responsive" anymore (mobile phone view).

az_responsive.webp

I would suggest to make the "A to Z" exactly the same as the numbering which we have for "Paging".

Mockup:

alphabeth_soup.webp

:)

Last edited:
So to be clear, this does not (yet?) allow for sorting of the actual category tree itself? For example:

foods
-lasagna
-cake
animals
-zebra
-elephant
equipment
-scanner
-truck

into:

animals
-elephant
-zebra
equipment
-scanner
-truck
foods
-cake
-lasagna

I'd love to see that for all categories or subcategories that share the display order of 1. (so that you can still "z" something to beginning or end if you want. This is because we are going to have 20, 30, 50 categories and 500, 1000, 2000 subcategories. Display order ID is a really big PITA already and we've only got 75 or so in....

So to be clear, this does not (yet?) allow for sorting of the actual category tree itself? For example:

foods
-lasagna
-cake
animals
-zebra
-elephant
equipment
-scanner
-truck

into:

animals
-elephant
-zebra
equipment
-scanner
-truck
foods
-cake
-lasagna

I'd love to see that for all categories or subcategories that share the display order of 1. (so that you can still "z" something to beginning or end if you want. This is because we are going to have 20, 30, 50 categories and 500, 1000, 2000 subcategories. Display order ID is a really big PITA already and we've only got 75 or so in....
Not currently, but we'd be happy to add this feature if you are interested in contributing. Please drop me a PM.

Top Bottom