Talk to Photopost folks for integration?

Agree, From what I understand from my conversations with PP is they are more than willing to come out and offer integration. With IPB realsing their own gallery and VB announcing its own, its a golden chance for PP as their market is diminishing. Its an opportunity for XenForo as it will make XenForo complete for Admins.

Please guys think business sense and keep your personal likes, dislikes aside.

Guys please this is not helping. A lot of admins want to switch to XF but depend on these third party scripts, don't be selfish just because you're not using them. It's still an important part of admins we're talking here. They deserve support/integration and it's in the best interest of both XF and PP. Besides it's just an integration, and this integration will be done mostly by PP.

The suggestions are to get input and to see how much interest there are.

Not everyone needs to agree or needs to have everything that is suggested.

For those that are interested, they can click on the like button. Besides, if it will be mostly done by the other guys, it's not really a feature for xenforo. Nothing against those that need it and it's not personal.

I have already. All they need is XenForo sharing the code so they can start work on integration. What I understand is VB/IPB and others have shared code for free instead of they buying the licenses or something like that.

There might be more value posting this request on PP's website.

I've also been asking Chuck about integration. I happen to really like my vBGAllery, and am hoping that whatever they can whip out for XF will be very similar to that.

I would rather XenForo have an "Attachment Gallery", that simply showcases the attachments that people have uploaded on the forum. People dont usually just upload images to a gallery on my forum; they instead attach images in threads and ignore the gallery completely. The gallery is out of the way and doesn't feel like its part of the forum. If people could just upload their images in threads as normal, and then the "Attachment Gallery" just showcased it all, that would work a lot better.

A system like PhotoPost is TOO MUCH. It has too many features; having too many features is a huge detriment to a lot of programs. People like things to be kept simple, if you start over complicating things, they won't want to use it at all. This is why XenForo itself is so wonderful, because its barebones. Its refreshing.

People dont usually just upload images to a gallery on my forum; they instead attach images in threads and ignore the gallery completely.

Jason, while that may be true for a great amount of folks here, I can think of at least one group that uses a gallery and attachments wouldn't work as you mentioned. We are designers in the digital scrapbooking industry...and showcasing our designs is a way of selling them. Without a gallery and forum we have 1) no way to showcase the designs and 2) no way to communicate with our customers.

Actually the only reason my group attach them to thread posts is to get them on the "front door" of our cms which pulls from the posts not the gallery.

The suggestions are to get input and to see how much interest there are.

Not everyone needs to agree or needs to have everything that is suggested.

For those that are interested, they can click on the like button. Besides, if it will be mostly done by the other guys, it's not really a feature for xenforo. Nothing against those that need it and it's not personal.
I would rather XenForo have an "Attachment Gallery", that simply showcases the attachments that people have uploaded on the forum. People dont usually just upload images to a gallery on my forum; they instead attach images in threads and ignore the gallery completely. The gallery is out of the way and doesn't feel like its part of the forum. If people could just upload their images in threads as normal, and then the "Attachment Gallery" just showcased it all, that would work a lot better.

A system like PhotoPost is TOO MUCH. It has too many features; having too many features is a huge detriment to a lot of programs. People like things to be kept simple, if you start over complicating things, they won't want to use it at all. This is why XenForo itself is so wonderful, because its barebones. Its refreshing.
You completely misunderstood this thread. I suggest reading the OP again. We are not even asking that XF makes a PP gallery here.

Again: this is about PP making an integration, not about XF making PP again. The suggestion was that they should talk with each other to speed up the progress.

Although it would be great if XF makes a fully functional gallery somewhere in the future.

I have already. All they need is XenForo sharing the code so they can start work on integration. What I understand is VB/IPB and others have shared code for free instead of they buying the licenses or something like that.
Proof of that? :confused:

The beta will be released tomorrow, they can get it then. Not sure why one company should get preference/head start on other competitors. They should all have an equal chance to get the ball rolling, and Tuesday's release provides that.

Have you used PP? Are you a customer on their board? If yes, instead of asking question here check their board.

If you have not used any of their product, you should not ask these questions because you don't know the products and what other admins are talking about

Proof of that? :confused:

The beta will be released tomorrow, they can get it then. Not sure why one company should get preference/head start on other competitors. They should all have an equal chance to get the ball rolling, and Tuesday's release provides that.

Have you used PP? Are you a customer on their board? If yes, instead of asking question here check their board.

If you have not used any of their product, you should not ask these questions because you don't know the products and what other admins are talking about
You did not need to be so snarky in your response. All I asked was a simple question, if you didn't feel like answer there was no reason to reply. And yes, I was a customer at some point a long time ago but am not any more. The reason I asked was because I hadn't heard about vB doing such a thing, and I didn't know about IPS doing it at all either.

Sorry if asking questions to gain a better understanding of a situation annoys you. Instead I'll just make assumptions in the future whenever a conversation involves you. :)

My apolgies that was not my intention. I got bit irriated by the word "proof" :D The only vested interest I ahve in PP is I use their PP and RP product and need them to be integrated in XF ASAP. I even offered them paid/sponsored customization.

You did not need to be so snarky in your response. All I asked was a simple question, if you didn't feel like answer there was no reason to reply. And yes, I was a customer at some point a long time ago but am not any more. The reason I asked was because I hadn't heard about vB doing such a thing, and I didn't know about IPS doing it at all either.

Sorry if asking questions to gain a better understanding of a situation annoys you. Instead I'll just make assumptions in the future whenever a conversation involves you. :)

My apolgies that was not my intention. I got bit irriated by the word "proof" :D The only vested interest I ahve in PP is I use their PP and RP product and need them to be integrated in XF ASAP. I even offered them paid/sponsored customization.
Then it was a simple misunderstanding. :) I only used "proof" to point to a link or something somewhere that indicated it, not that I was completely denying such a thing and trying to make it seem you were lying.

I was also wondering if this was done for all product developers or just a few select companies as that would seem like an unfair advantage to competition, and would be in a bad light for either company to show preference over others, that's all.

Sorry, my vote is NO for photopost. It may be nice for the other forums but looks outdated to fit in with xenforo.

So, what precisely are we supposed to do with the thousands of images already in our PP gallery then? I don't know what the history is and frankly don't care. Whatever the delay is, XF and PP need to sort dialogue out as its in BOTH their interests to work together.

So, what precisely are we supposed to do with the thousands of images already in our PP gallery then? I don't know what the history is and frankly don't care. Whatever the delay is, XF and PP need to sort dialogue out as its in BOTH their interests to work together.
PP Gallery is strictly a vBulletin product whereas Photopost is more of an addon.
You are stuck with PP Gallery for the time being.
http://www.photopost.com/forum/general-discussion/143575-xenforo-support.html#post1276017

Sorry, I meant Gallery as in terms of the fact it contains photos, rather than a specific product! We have the general "PhotoPost PHP" gallery, it just has an interface to vB.

-- To be fair its hard for them to do any integration with such a new product. Personally I'd have a look, but I'd hold off writing any integration work until at least the RC stage gets reached with XF.

Top Bottom