Sytax errors when trying to import sql backup

Jim Kingsnorth

I have two older database backups I would like to import into my forum. One was from 2004 and one from 2009. These two database were downloaded on different versions of php and I am getting syntax errors when trying to import to an empty database. My current php is 5.6 The first backup is 4.2.3 and the second is 5.2.4. My question is, does anyone know of a service or software that can fix the issues with these two?

Can you please post here the error messages that you are getting when trying to restore the database backups?

current error

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM

#
# Dumping data for table `ibf_admin_logs`
#

INSERT INTO `i' at line 27

This does not seem to be related to php version. It is more an issue with the backup file itself. Is this an Ipb forum backup? If so, I think it would be better to post on their support forums. Alternatively, I can help you out with this as I am familiar with Ipb too. Drop me a conversation to discuss it further in private.

Top Bottom