Lack of interest [Suggestion] Member Popup lightbox -> unobtrusive popup

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Cole

Go to any page in which you can click on a member's username and click on it. A lightbox comes up with relevant information and blocks out all relevant information with a translucent white background.

I don't like this. I think it would work much better if the member popup would popup under or above the username with relevant information, without blurring out the entire page (similar to the way IPB works when one clicks on the popup link next to a username in a postbit).

The way it is now offers little advantage over loading the member's full profile page (on a high speed connection, that is). It interrupts my page viewing experience. :P

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I quite like it the way it is. It's a member card that offers limited info from their profile, and lets you start a conversation with them, or follow them, without having to load the whole profile page.

Quite nice, imo.

I quite like it the way it is. It's a member card that offers limited info from their profile, and lets you start a conversation with them, or follow them, without having to load the whole profile page.

Quite nice, imo.

I agree. But it completely interrupts my experience. It could easily be done in the same way that IPB does it, offering the same options, but less intrusive to the user experience.

The way I see it is if you have no idea what functions this forum has and you click the avatar/name you expect to be taken to the profile. This way you see an overview of their profile with quick links and you can either:
a) close it and continue browsing, now knowing something about the user
b) go to their profile and begin stalking, I mean posting 8-)

Quite nice, imo.

Agreed, it does a bit more than just gives a bit of information about them. Plus I imagine you could tie other information to it through mods and have it load there.

I don't see this as being too different from any drop-down alternative. Here, though, because you requested to view the information I see no reason why everything else should be faded out and the attention focused on the information requested. It's the same thing done another way.

I really can't see how it's intrusive? It pops up, you see what you wanted to see, and click it gone. You're still on the same page you were on, nothing's changed there.
I guess I'm just not seeing the point of changing a very attractive feature.

Top Bottom