Stripe integration for new members?

jromaine

Hey guys,
Quick question...

The guys that setup my forum have implemented Thrivecart to handle payments and automate account creation. It works, but I don't understand why I need Thrivecart? Isn't there a way of doing this with just Stripe and Xenforo?

Right now I'm kind of confused why I have to use Thrivecart? Just seems like "another piece of software" that's there for the sake of being there?

Here's what I want....

1. User clicks on buy button
2. They fill out payment details
3. An account is created in Xenforo automatically
4. They receive payment/login details in an email
5. They log in and go

VersoBit

Hey guys,
Quick question...

The guys that setup my forum have implemented Thrivecart to handle payments and automate account creation. It works, but I don't understand why I need Thrivecart? Isn't there a way of doing this with just Stripe and Xenforo?

Right now I'm kind of confused why I have to use Thrivecart? Just seems like "another piece of software" that's there for the sake of being there?

Here's what I want....

1. User clicks on buy button
2. They fill out payment details
3. An account is created in Xenforo automatically
4. They receive payment/login details in an email
5. They log in and go
Im not sure where you are even finding a payment method for Thrivecart; Stripe integration is native along with 3 other providers...

1661460122315.png

You just need to go to /admin.php?payment-profiles/

Based on the flow you posted above, it sounds like you are trying to create a subscription system where the user does not get an account until they pay? Why not just let them register on XenForo and lock everything behind a role that gets assigned when they pay?

jromaine

Based on the flow you posted above, it sounds like you are trying to create a subscription system where the user does not get an account until they pay?

Yes that's right. Its a subscription of $297 /month.

Why not just let them register on XenForo and lock everything behind a role that gets assigned when they pay?

Because I don't want a forum full of dead accounts with people "just looking" or thinking they can get in for free. This is a business development program with hundreds of videos, dozens of resources and private coaching options for paid members. I'm using Xenforo as an LMS.

1661475506234.png

benFF

I think this add on does what you're asking (I've never used it, just saw it before and kept it in mind)