SSO between custom app and xenforo

01fbk

Hi guys,

I am developing a custom app from scratch and want to integrate the login with xenforo.
I thought of doing this either one of two ways:
1) Encrypt the password the same way as Xenforo does, so then automatically username and password will work both ways;
2) Any type of API from xenforo that can automate this.

I have searched on google and found ways to do this. Example: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/sso-or-oauth-using-my-own-website-as-users-master-db.66784/
But this thread is from 2014, is still accurate ? Do you have any example that is available in the current release ?

Thanks,
Cristian

The API allows you to verify a username/password combination but that's all. You can't get a current session from it.

You can integrate the user account system inside your own custom site easily enough to retrieve an active session and call any XenForo functions from there, as long as you're doing it server-side in PHP. My entire site requires this to work as it uses XenForo for user accounts and authentication.

So basically, in order to integrate xenforo with the custom script, I first have to buy xenforo so I can see how to integrate it, not the other way around, something like do script now and afterwards do the integration. I think it will save time.
Yes, definitely. You're not going to be able to get help on code for integration from the community unless you have a license.

I was referring from a development purpose, like i am wasting time to first create the custom app and then integrate with xenforo.
It should be the other way around ,first have xenforo and afterwards try to integrate via api the user login in my custom made app.

Top Bottom