Not a bug Spoiler does not work

Is this how low you have sunk?

What kind of response did you expect when you can't be bothered to supply any details, examples or steps to reproduce the problem?

To Do List Nothing GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

There was no snark in his post. It works fine for me and presumably most others:

1694985797167.png

What details should I say when I don't know myself what the problem is other than that it doesn't work?
If we are unable to reproduce a problem then there is little hope for fixing it. There are many ways something can not work. When you say it doesn't work, do you mean that the text is not concealed to begin with, or that it is not revealed when clicking it? And does this apply to both block spoilers and inline spoilers, or just one or the other?

Does it work for you here in the post he created? If so, this may be related to a customization on your site. If not, that points to some kind of browser issue which we may or may not be able to resolve. In any case more details are required.

I had a problem with the spoiler BB code a while back. I eventually checked "custom bb codes" in the admin control panel and saw that I had a entry for a spoiler bb code there and it was not working properly. I deleted it and the XF bb code worked immediately.

Can you reproduce this here (using the spoiler button in the editor)? And if so, with what OS/browser?
Nope, sadely i can't reproduce but i think the problem (for me) was some inches begin the screen 😉 .... let say a lack of knowledge between the 2 spoilers and how they work...

Going to close this bug report then. If anyone has further issues with spoilers, feel free to post a new bug report with reproduction steps.

Top Bottom