[SolidMean] ForumBackup Dropbox Upload [Deleted]

EDIT: I can clarify that the issue doesn't occur anymore. I just got my backups and everything backed up as normal.

Just FYI
I think there's a setting on Dropbox that you can set to say the files can be overwritten or not.

Can't buy it? Seems your host is having some problems with the website :)
I'm not seeing any issues. Can you let me know what issues you're having?

Just FYI
I think there's a setting on Dropbox that you can set to say the files can be overwritten or not.

I'm not seeing any issues. Can you let me know what issues you're having?

Clourfare was saying that host was offline.

But it works today, so no worries :) Probably just a temp. hick-up.

After upgrade [SolidMean] ForumBackup to v1.1.8, this addon stop working so backups do not upload anymore to dropbox. Nothing is changed in options on my side. Backups are created in my server folder every day, but from tuesday when I upgraded your main mode, non of backups are uploaded to dropbox.
Could you help @SneakyDave

Some others are xf_search, xf_search_index and xf_ip ?

An option to exclude certain tables from the backup will be included in the next update of the ForumBackup addon, but it's important to note that if any tables are excluded from the backup, the structure of those tables should be saved or a reference of their structure made available because not even those table definitions will be available in the backup file.

Can you change the way it works? Just backup all the tables but do not include some of the data for certain table.
Just like a complete tables but truncated data.

Can you change the way it works? Just backup all the tables but do not include some of the data for certain table.
Just like a complete tables but truncated data.

As far as I can tell, not without doing 2 mysqldump files, one for the tables with data we want to keep, and another with the "-d" option for the tables with data we don't want to keep.

That could make it confusing, but I'll explore it a bit to see if there's a better solution.

Reactions: rdn
Code backups are not transferred to my Dropbox account (and thus the local backups aren't deleted). The database backup transfer & local delete work just fine. Yes, I do have enough GB space on my Dropbox for the code backups :)

What gives?

Have you tried turning on the addon's debug option, and looking at the log file it generates in the backup directory? Try that, and send me a conversation with the contents of that

Have you tried turning on the addon's debug option, and looking at the log file it generates in the backup directory? Try that, and send me a conversation with the contents of that

Also, I have limit set @ 2 code backups because of large size, but I now sit on 3 (0 of them on Dropbox :\) So doesn't seem like it is deleting, maybe because it is unable to get it on Dropbox.

Sent you PM.

Also, I have limit set @ 2 code backups because of large size, but I now sit on 3 (0 of them on Dropbox :\) So doesn't seem like it is deleting, maybe because it is unable to get it on Dropbox

Sent you PM.
Replied to your PM. The Dropbox extension isn't really the problem in this circumstance.

I seem to be getting a 504 gateway timeout (CentOS, nginx) when running the code cron manually. the gz file seems to be created on the server though. i'm waiting to see if it syncs to my dropbox successfully (i have slow internet, it's a 7gb file). will this affect my website/server in any way? (the timeout i mean)

I seem to be getting a 504 gateway timeout (CentOS, nginx) when running the code cron manually. the gz file seems to be created on the server though. i'm waiting to see if it syncs to my dropbox successfully (i have slow internet, it's a 7gb file). will this affect my website/server in any way? (the timeout i mean)

I have this issue to when running my cron manually. However, it does upload to my Dropbox but it creates duplicates. When I have it automatically run on its own, it doesn't timeout.

Top Bottom