1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SolidMean] ForumBackup Dropbox Upload [Paid] 1.1.0

Upload your backups on a regular basis to Dropbox

1. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

SneakyDave submitted a new resource:

[SolidMean] ForumBackup Dropbox Upload - Upload your backups on a regular basis to Dropbox

Read more about this resource...

sbj likes this.
  2. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

Dave, you are the best.

Is it possible to have a seperate option for choosing which backup we want to send to Dropbox?

I mean I am backing up both the code and database. And both are transferred via your sftp add-on to an external server.

But to Dropbox I would like to send only the database. Because it is smaller, more important and Dropbox offers for every registration only 2gb free space. So with that limited space, it makes sense to only send the database.
    So without paying anything, we could always have an extra copy of the database daily on dropbox.

SneakyDave likes this.
  3. SneakyDave

Set the option to keep 0 code backups, and they won't be uploaded to Dropbox.

sbj likes this.
  4. sbj

sbj Well-Known Member

Ah, makes sense, thanks.

SneakyDave likes this.
  5. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

Just a quick question - has this been checked on a Dropbox Pro account (i.e. £79 per year/1TB)? If so, I'm in :D

Also, Is there an option to remove the initial backup after successful transfer (Kind of important to remove the original in my case, since i have little spare room on the box after a backup is created!)

Cheers :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  6. SneakyDave

I'll send you a conversation about this, bit yes, there is an option to 'Remove local backup' once the file is uploaded to Dropbox

Paul likes this.
  7. SneakyDave

Updated resource to indicate that XenForo 1.5 is supported.

Sunka likes this.
  8. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

@SneakyDave - any chance to expand this addon for another clouds (Google drive, Copy...)?

SneakyDave likes this.
  9. SneakyDave

I'll investigate once I have some more time.

Sunka likes this.
  10. TDUBS

TDUBS Active Member

Great addon. I prefer having my files stored off of my main server for obvious security purposes. Just out of curiosity.. does "Delete local file" mean once it's backed up to both the local server and Dropbox, it'll automatically delete the backup from the local server? I want to make sure before I make any changes.

SneakyDave likes this.
  11. SneakyDave

Yes, that option is included for those that might not have the space, or don't want to keep backups on their web site, and only on Dropbox.

Frode789 and TDUBS like this.
  12. TDUBS

TDUBS Active Member

Thank you. This addon works 100% as intended. :)

SneakyDave likes this.
  13. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Does this addon tested on Forums with 2GB+ database?

14. TDUBS

TDUBS Active Member

Someone said in the reviews that they used it with a large database and it transferred fast.

@SneakyDave, not really a big issue but I've selected 1 of each backup in the options and this happens.

[​IMG]

My options:

[​IMG]

15. RoldanLT

@SneakyDave Is it possible to exclude xf_bb_code_parse_cache table content on the backup?
    As it is almost 1GB for me.
    Not really needed for backups.

16. SneakyDave

I can add that to the options. Are there other tables that don't necessary need to be backed up, such as a session table or something?

17. SneakyDave

I'll look into this. It might be the same bug found on the forumbackup itself.

You're backing up once a day? Is that list of files from your dropbox account or from your server?

18. RoldanLT

Some others are xf_search, xf_search_index and xf_ip ?

SneakyDave likes this.
  19. TDUBS

TDUBS Active Member

EDIT: I can clarify that the issue doesn't occur anymore. I just got my backups and everything backed up as normal.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  20. Frode789

Frode789 Active Member

Can't buy it? Seems your host is having some problems with the website :)