[SolidMean] Comprehensive URL Parser [Deleted]

SneakyDave updated [SolidMean] Comprehensive URL Parser with a new update entry:

Update 1.1.3

01/15/2015 - New option and feature.
- Added option to only apply the addon to unregistered users/guests.
- Added functionality to ignore certain subdomains from parsing by tagging the field value with {url} on a line by itself, which means to use the original url from the message, rather than adding any field, or replacing it.

See this thread for more information on what these features are:
http://sneakydave.com/community/threads/comprehensiveurlparser-1-1-3.1366/

Read the rest of this update entry...

@SneakyDave

I somehow remember that this used to work for conversations as well?

But not anymore... using 1.1.4 of this add-on and XF 1.4.4.

Now the links in the conversations are not automatically converted into affiliate links, but in regular posts they are.

Looks like this is a bug with the replacement affiliate links, such as replacing ebay.com links with rover.ebay.com. The "append" function (such as appending an affiliate id to amazon links) appears to work correctly in conversations.

This is actually a bug with the "Forum Selection" option, and the fix put in 1.1.4. Release should be available soon.

Last edited:
It should be instantaneous via PayPal. I'm using ChrisD's product addon, which allows you to add a website to your license after payment, and then download the addon.

If you are having problems with that process, send me a PC either here, or over on my site, sneakydave.com.

EDIT: I see you have purchased a license. So you'll just need to add your web site name to it, and you should be able to download the addon.

See this FAQ on downloading:
http://sneakydave.com/community/threads/faq-downloading-products.1346/

It should be instantaneous via PayPal. I'm using ChrisD's product addon, which allows you to add a website to your license after payment, and then download the addon.

If you are having problems with that process, send me a PC either here, or over on my site, sneakydave.com.

EDIT: I see you have purchased a license. So you'll just need to add your web site name to it, and you should be able to download the addon.

See this FAQ on downloading:
Faq : Downloading Products
I had a similar issue. You should add this info to the product description on your site or the receipt that you e-mail out, which went to my spam folder (you might want to check your reverse DNS to make sure you aren't getting blacklisted automatically). I got it figured out, but the Wallet system you have on the site combined with the lost e-mails made me a bit concerned about my purchase...

Just replied to your email. Email should be being delivered via mandrill due to previous email solutions having issues, but thanks for reporting it, and I'll look into it.

And yes, I'll update that product description to include instructions on how to download after purchase.

Is there a way to configure this to add a string to the end of the URL without attaching a ? to it?

I have several affiliate links that simply tack a string to the end of the URL for example:

This = Sigelei 75W Mod - $54.99 use coupon 75wtemp04 free ship!

Becomes this = Sigelei 75W Mod - $54.99 use coupon 75wtemp04 free ship!

I have a couple different companies that do this in a similar manner and I can't seem to get it so that the ? doesn't appear and unfortunately the companies are small enough that they don't know if the URL's with the question mark are going to get credited properly.

Or based on your knowledge and experience would you expect the ? to have no impact?

Thanks

BTW, is there some info on good uses cases to identify when to use the replacement option? I think I have how to work it down, but not really clear on when I would want to use it so that I know what to look for in the affiliate URL's that I get.

Part of this is because I want to try to set up something for ShareASale sites if possible as I have a couple of affiliate programs. There is a lot of potential programs for my niche, but I'm not sure it's worthwhile to try to leverage them if there isn't a way to effectively replace the links and from what I can tell right now, Viglink doesn't work worth beans.

BTW, is there some info on good uses cases to identify when to use the replacement option? I think I have how to work it down, but not really clear on when I would want to use it so that I know what to look for in the affiliate URL's that I get.

Beyond eBay, there are just few niche sites from what I've seen that can utilize the URL replacement option, but people have found a lot of use in it.

Any domain based affiliate program should work with it, but there are so many types, rules, and such, that it takes a lot of trial and error to verify that it is setup correctly.

A couple of users don't use it for monetization, but to replace links that are against their TOS to specific rule pages, or explanation threads

Top Bottom