[SolidMean] Comprehensive URL Parser [Deleted]

Send me a link to your forum with this URL on it. I'm working on a fix now. Thanks

Never mind, I think I found it, taking a look at it now.

Last edited:
Would this replace existing affiliate id's in a url ? I'm interested in booking.com , where a typical affiliate url would be :

HTML:
http://www.booking.com/searchresults.el.html?city=-1582822&ssne=Lakes+Entrance&ssne_untouched=Lakes+Entrance&error_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.booking.com%2Fhotel%2Fau%2Fbellevue-on-the-lakes.el.html%3Faid%3D317904%3Bsid%3Dc7ef21991de1cdadb5ebfe530b0ddfd8%3Bdcid%3D4%3Bdist%3D0%3Btype%3Dtotal%26%3B&highlighted_hotels=177432&src=hotel&bb_asr=2&aid=317904&dcid=4&lang=el&sid=c7ef21991de1cdadb5ebfe530b0ddfd8&si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi&ss=Lakes+Entrance+&checkin_monthday=9&checkin_year_month=2015-4&checkout_monthday=10&checkout_year_month=2015-4&no_rooms=1&group_adults=2&group_children=0

and i want to be able to replace the "aid=317904" part (it's sitting there in the url somewhere in the middle) with my own affiliate number.

Would your addon be suitable for something like this?

Yes, the 'Append Affiliate' option will do that.

If you add 'booking.com' as a domain name, and 'aid=myaffiliateid' as the query field to append, this add-on will add that parameter to any booking.com URL in your posts,OR replace any existing one it finds.

But in your URL example, it wouldn't work because your aid parameter is encoded in the query as part of a parameter called 'error_url'. I'm not sure if that's s valid affiliate link. I'd have to investigate.

EDIT: your URL looks like a link to search results. That URL would normally have your 'aid' in it for your affiliate account I would think.

This add-on should support branded links from booking.com, replacing any 'aid' value with your own. If you have some other URL examples, I can set them up on my site to see how they'd work.

Last edited:
That's a very standard url for booking.com, exactly as it is a search results url - so not sure what you said there, would this addon work for such urls ?

The add-on will work with url's that have the 'aid' parameter it that isn't encoded. It will not work with the URL in your example.

Ok thanks for the reply, unfortunately that means it won't work for booking.com, as most url's are like that.

I don't really understand what you mean as "encoded". The url I posted is pretty standard when it comes to booking.com. Go to booking.com and try to search for a hotel, you will come up with a link like the one I posted.

I Installed the addon, but the old links stay unwritten. If I post a new one the Link will be rewritten.

(copied from the Amazon/eBay Parser addon discussion)

Looking to see if anybody has used this on a site with imported URL's from vBulletin.

I did some testing with a local vBulletin import of data, and the add-on works as it should for me, but another user is having problems with the paid add-on, and I'm trying to track down what the issue is.

Thanks in advance if anybody can provide some assistance.

SneakyDave updated [SolidMean] Comprehensive URL Parser with a new update entry:

1/5/2015 - Bug Fixes

• Fixed code to supported imported vBulletin links with duplictious "rel" tags in href tags.
  • Added some comments to help me understand why I did some things
  • Fixed small bug in option rendering for non-English languages
This release is important for any site that has imported vBulletin content, or a site that has a language pack other than English installed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks to @boa for identifying and help working through these bugs fixes.

Top Bottom