Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I'll setup a devsite for this.
Thanks!
Once you have that set up, the most likely culprit would be an add-on that extends the XenForo Thread Model.

Specifically the listener 'load_class_model (Extends Thread Model)' which extends the 'prepareThreadFetchOptions' function in XF. Most likely, the add-on interfering isn't returning $fetchOptions.

Reactions: rdn
By the way how can I Hard Delete a group?
Without leaving any traces of data.
Right now deleting seems soft delete only.

Thanks!

By the way how can I Hard Delete a group?
Without leaving any traces of data.
Right now deleting seems soft delete only.

Thanks!
An admin deleting a group deletes everything for the group, including files.

The only exception is the forum itself. If you don't delete the forum from the owner tools menu (note the separate selections for forums), then the forum is hidden from view and can be deleted from admin->Applications->Display Node Tree. This preserves threads in the event of an error or if the threads need to be moved to a different forum.

ownertools.webp

But why is that when accessing Deleted Group, still display this error:
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Instead of The requested page could not be found error?

Once you have that set up, the most likely culprit would be an add-on that extends the XenForo Thread Model.
I have disable all addons except this one.
I have created a fresh new theme no edits.
Still not displaying.
Weird :/.

But why is that when accessing Deleted Group, still display this error:

Instead of The requested page could not be found error?
Because that's the error I have programmed to show.

I'll change it in the next release.

I have disable all addons except this one.
I have created a fresh new theme no edits.
Still not displaying.
Weird :/.
Yes, that is strange and I can't duplicate it either. And on other sites, it displays just fine.

There is something quite odd going on that I can't explain. I hate asking, but is there any way I can access either your site or the test site as an admin so I can have a look at what's going on? Send me a PC with the info if that's possible.

On development mode > Code Event Listeners, only your addon has:
load_class_model Extends Thread Model

On development mode > Code Event Listeners, only your addon has:
load_class_model Extends Thread Model
Yes, you need to look at any other add-on that has 'load_class_model' to see if they extend the thread model. Not everyone names them the way I do. The only common part would be 'load_class_model' and what they are extending should be in the listener definition itself.

Except you disabled them all and it still didn't show. That's the puzzling part.

For everyone's benefit...

There was a custom route filter applied to his threads and that was preventing the system from running an extension.

I'll look into detecting that type of thing, but I don't know that it's possible.

I've placed a hotfix on the download server to account for custom route filters. If you download the add-on it will be in the current version.

If you are not experiencing any problems with the thread display in the groups add-on, there is no need to download the hotfix version.

Group Display Options > Sort Groups By:
  • Number of Discussions
  • Number of Photos
Still shows even if disabled on admin settings and group permission.

Group Display Options > Sort Groups By:
  • Number of Discussions
  • Number of Photos
Still shows even if disabled on admin settings and group permission.
I'm not sure if that's a problem or not. If there weren't any groups with discussions or photos, and someone were to sort by those options the sort wouldn't really do anything anyway.

But, I'll mark it to be looked at.

In version 1.4.2 when i add a group i get the following error:

Error Info ErrorException: Undefined variable: pmto - library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php:1598
Generated By: PAL-18, Today at 3:19 PM
Stack Trace #0 /**********/library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php(1598): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', /**********/f...', 1598, Array)
#1 /**********/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionSaveGroup()
#2 /**********/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /**********/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}Request State array(3) {
["url"] => string(37) "https://ftwgamer.com/groups/savegroup"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/groups/savegroup"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(17) {
["name"] => string(20) "Name"
["groupdescription_html"] => string(162) "<p>Description.<br></p>"
["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(39) "https://ftwgamer.com/groups/creategroup"
["shortdescription"] => string(50) "Description."
["category_id"] => string(2) "27"
["hasdiscussion"] => string(1) "1"
["hasforum"] => string(1) "1"
["hasalbum"] => string(1) "1"
["privategroup"] => string(1) "1"
["discussionview"] => string(1) "0"
["postview"] => string(1) "0"
["albumview"] => string(1) "0"
["owner_id"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(19) "/groups/creategroup"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Also can you add an option that can set the default style for the group (without forcing the user to only use that style)?

In version 1.4.2 when i add a group i get the following error:
Also can you add an option that can set the default style for the group (without forcing the user to only use that style)?
It appears that you don't have any admins configured for your site. That's the only thing that would cause that error.

I've put a hot fix on the download server that should fix this problem. Download the add-on and just upload the files to your server. There's no need to run the install XML again.

And I'm not sure what you mean by forcing a user to use a style. The add-on uses what ever style the site uses or the user has selected to use.

That's odd, i do have an admin account configured (the admin account i created when i installed Xenforo). By forcing a style, i mean a seperate setting that can set a group to use a different style than what's configured as the default style in xenforo while still allowing users to change the style.

That's odd, i do have an admin account configured (the admin account i created when i installed Xenforo). By forcing a style, i mean a seperate setting that can set a group to use a different style than what's configured as the default style in xenforo while still allowing users to change the style.
Maybe I'm confused, but if the user has selected a different style than the default for XenForo, that is the style that gets used by the add-on.

If you mean for them to select a different style only used in groups, I don't anticipate that being added. But, I'll put it on the wish list.

I've seen some Social Group Forum without "Group Information" and "Group Members" tab.
Looks like the group itself was deleted but forum was retained and members of it still posting new threads/post.

How can I fix it?

Top Bottom