So this is new...

Caliburn

Awesome work on this forum so far. I'm really impressed. Is this going to be a 'free' or 'paid' solution when it's finished, I wonder?

It is going to be commercially licensed. It has been stated (although I believe unofficially) that the pricing will be competitive with vB and IP.Board.

It is going to be commercially licensed. It has been stated (although I believe unofficially) that the pricing will be competitive with vB and IP.Board.

It has a long way to go before it'll be really competitive with IP.Board - and it's already superior to vB4. I look forward to seeing where this software goes in the future. I like the way it handles certain things differently than other software. That's for sure.

It has a long way to go before it'll be really competitive with IP.Board - and it's already superior to vB4. I look forward to seeing where this software goes in the future. I like the way it handles certain things differently than other software. That's for sure.

I believe I said competitive pricing. No time needed to set a price on the product. ;)

I believe I said competitive pricing. No time needed to set a price on the product. ;)

I hope it comes out as a competitively-priced solution. It'll have to be cheaper than IP.Board given the current difference is capabilities. That being said, maybe this software can fill that niche gap. =)

@ Forsaken & Chris M.

Why is that? IP.Board is a pretty good software. :confused:

I've just never liked it much as a platform.

Also, many modifications I have seen require you to pay out extra money, while often enough I could have found them on vBulletin for free.

I also hate their admin panel; vBulletin is plain, and not done great, but I can do things quickly due to how it is made out (I've setup a full community from customizing every option, creating forums, custom groups, and permissions, and the minor style edits I always do in less then a hour).

I have a perpetual license that an old friend of mine basically gave me, and I tried for a long time to get use to IPB, and I could never really get to like it.

Top Bottom