Similar Feature to Enhanced Cover Photos?

MxAlex

I am trying to decide between Woltlab and Xenforo at the moment. Both have plugins for features that I like that the other does not. One thing I really like the look of in Woltlab is a plugin called Enhanced Cover Photos, which places the user’s profile cover/banner behind their avatar on every post/message they make. I can’t seem to find anything that allows Xenforo to do the same.

Is this something hard to replicate or get done in Xenforo? I know there are more plugin creators for Xenforo than Woltlab, but I am not sure how complicated something like this is.

If that's all that's stopping you from switching to XenForo then I can bet you'll be part of this community soon:

If that's all that's stopping you from switching to XenForo then I can bet you'll be part of this community soon:

Unless I am missing something, this doesn’t seem to be the same thing I am talking about. Here is the screenshot for the plugin itself - the image behind the avatar is the same banner image that appears on the profile, the same way that Xenforo lets you add a cover/banner image to your profile on there. I can’t see any evidence that the Postbit tutorial actually does the same thing - it sounds like it’s more letting you add an additional image to be shown by posts? But I also can’t see anything like that on Joyfreak’s actual forum.

I am not a licensed member though, so I can’t see the full resource you posted.

D1047C7C-C43C-4F0F-B9E8-7C67AE27AD13.webp

it sounds like it’s more letting you add an additional image to be shown by posts?
Members can just use the same image.

I would say this add-on is better as profile images have completely different ratios and sizes so the same image is unlikely to work well in both instances.

However, it would be a very simple change to use the profile banner image.

Yes, you're right, the add-on I suggested doesn't exactly do what you want, but it was to show that with a few modifications, you can achieve something similar quite quickly.

Indeed XF offers to load a profile background and this same image will be quite easily usable elsewhere... So again, if this is the only thing stopping you from switching to XF then I'm sure you should cross. But you seem to have a clear idea of what you want to do with your future forum platform, so wait for opinions other than mine to convince you. :)

Last edited:
Unless I am missing something, this doesn’t seem to be the same thing I am talking about. Here is the screenshot for the plugin itself - the image behind the avatar is the same banner image that appears on the profile, the same way that Xenforo lets you add a cover/banner image to your profile on there. I can’t see any evidence that the Postbit tutorial actually does the same thing - it sounds like it’s more letting you add an additional image to be shown by posts? But I also can’t see anything like that on Joyfreak’s actual forum.

View attachment 281169
This shouldn’t be hard to achieve. I can look into creating an add-on for this.

Thank you for all the feedback - I appreciate everyone being thorough on their opinions. I am not a spectacular coder (better with css than anything else), but if it’d be relatively easy to tweak, I will keep that in mind. I do certainly like how many resources and interested people there are out there for Xenforo.

Top Bottom