1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silvertails MVP (Most valuable player/Man of the Match) System [Paid] 1.2

Most Valuable Player/Man of the match voting system

1. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

Dannymh submitted a new resource:

Silvertails MVP (Most valuable player/Man of the Match) System - Most Valuable Player/Man of the match voting system

Read more about this resource...
    thefreekick likes this.
  2. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

Dannymh updated Silvertails MVP (Most valuable player/Man of the Match) System with a new update entry:

Silvertails Player of the year (MVP) 1.2

Read the rest of this update entry...
  3. PetersWeb

PetersWeb Member

I am currently trialing this add-in on my site and it looks great!

Is it possible to change the 3-2-1 voting to 5-4-3-2-1 to allow for a greater spread of votes?
  4. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

At this point no, the math and routines I built in order to add 3-2-1 voting broke my brain, I was going to allow for custom scoring ranges and points but it just kept bugging out on me.

I can look into adding a 5-1 voting addition in the future if you like
  5. PetersWeb

PetersWeb Member

I appreciate the effort involved. If you could provide a 5 to 1 option, that would be great!
  6. PetersWeb

PetersWeb Member

Hi. I'm having some difficulty setting up my season. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the plug-in but still receive the following error in my error log:

I have some players listed (selected as "Active" and "Useable" however, when I go to the generated game thread, I only see a message stating that no players are available.

Any suggestions on how to get this working again?
  7. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

Ok so a few things

1 - PM me the details (a login who has permission to edit/add seasons and URL) I will login and take a look
    2 - How did you set up the season Process should be
    Manage Seasons >> Add Season >> Add Players (make active and useable) >> Add Game >> Create Game Thread
    Let me know and I will take a look
  8. PetersWeb

PetersWeb Member

Thanks for the quick support @Dannymh

All fixed and working thanks to you!
  9. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

Glad I can help. I am starting work on a new plugin this week, its going to be a "Weakest Link" style MVP, where you vote out the worst player each week :)
  10. PetersWeb

PetersWeb Member

Will that be a separate plugin or will it incorporated into the the MVP plugin as an extra option?
  11. PetersWeb

PetersWeb Member

Hey @Dannymh - I have some other issues which I've recently encountered that I hope you can assist me with:
    • When I click on the "View Votes" link on any closed round, I'm sent to a page with the message, "No Data is currently available, bear with us whilst we continue to add content for you"
    • I am using the Basic scoring system and have 1 player who finished in 2nd place in week 1 and in 1st place in week 4, but only has 2 points in the overall standings. That is the most glaring example, but there are other players who should have more points in the overall standings.
    • Is there a way for non-admin users to view member votes for each round?
    • Also, the error log has quite a few errors like, "Undefined offset: 0 - library/Silvertails/Mvp/ControllerPublic/App.php:71". Sometimes it refers to App.php:100 or 44
    Let me know if you need any further information from me.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  12. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

Any chance I can get a copy of your xf_st_mvp* tables so I can take a look at it on my local test machine?

The offset issue I just fixed the other day so I'll send you that fix at the same time as I fix these things, I'll probably have to do a new release for a few things here I would say.

If you can extract those tables and data and then zip them up and pm them to me I'll take a look. Also if you can indicate the players that are not placing right.

Also have you closed off the rounds?
  13. PetersWeb

PetersWeb Member

Thanks again for your help @Dannymh! Your solution has fixed all of issues

Wonderful support!