Lack of interest Show emoji in smilie menu only for Desktop

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Kirby

Right now we can Enable to Disable the display of Emojis in the smilie menu.

Having this enabled does make sense for Desktop browsers that usually do not have a native interface to input emojis.
Mobile devices on the other hand usually do have native functionality for emoji input, so it does make less sense to display emojis for mobile devices.

They might not have all emojis available, but still using the native functionality seems a lot easier (and doesn't require a huge amount of images being downloaded).

I therefore suggest to turn the existing setting into a 3 way choice so we can enable this only for desktop, eg. if Android or iOS id detected it would be disabled.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just remove it for extra small toolbars (or any other view ports you don't want it on) then (2.1).

Screenshot_20190702-200754_Chrome.webp

He didn't ask to remove the smilie button from the toolbar, but rather the emojis inside the smilie menu on mobile devices.

Yeah, I'ts only about Emojis. Mobile devices usually have native keyboard support to post Emojis, so having them in the smiley menu is kinda redundant in this case while it does make sense on Desktop.

He didn't ask to remove the smilie button from the toolbar, but rather the emojis inside the smilie menu on mobile devices.
But wouldn't removing the smile button altogether on mobile devices (small view port) solve the problem of loading the images? Mobile devices natively have a "smile" button that you can insert smiles, therefore it's redundant, and removing it seems to solve the ultimate problem of loading images.

I guess I'm missing something here then...

PSX_20190703_184958.jpg

Top Bottom