SEO (SEO2) [Deleted]

Hello,

Regarding the Extensive settings for setting NoIndex on threads which is in each forum configuration, is there a way to have a default setting for all forums and let us globally set:
- NoIndex for threads with fewer X words
- NoIndex after X days since last post
for all forums by default (eventually letting us force different settings for specific forums)

I have 100+ forums/subforums and having to click on each forum and search for the Extensive settings for setting NoIndex on treads on each of them then enter the same parameters is very boring. Yet I saw no global settings to do that in the /admin.php?options/groups/seo_settings/

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,

Regarding the Extensive settings for setting NoIndex on threads which is in each forum configuration, is there a way to have a default setting for all forums and let us globally set:
- NoIndex for threads with fewer X words
- NoIndex after X days since last post
for all forums by default (eventually letting us force different settings for specific forums)

I have 100+ forums/subforums and having to click on each forum and search for the Extensive settings for setting NoIndex on treads on each of them then enter the same parameters is very boring. Yet I saw no global settings to do that in the /admin.php?options/groups/seo_settings/

Thanks

Screen_20180815101719.webp

after updating to latest version, i observed many times the profile picture in thread view or on mobile or in pc
profile pictures are not loading.

is this caused due to this addon or i have something else issue?

image.webp

Hello, could you tell me if it's possible to display custom Meta Description only on "forum_view"? Because I noticed, when i put my description here, I have the same description in all threads from this forum, so a lot of duplicates..

Regards!

ok, I fixed this, in modification seo_thread_view_4 need to change:
Code:
<xf:if is="$forum.seo.meta_description || $thread.seo.meta_description">
    <xf:set var="$newDesc" value="{{ ($forum.seo.meta_description ? $forum.seo.meta_description : $thread.seo.meta_description) }}" />
    <xf:set var="$fpSnippet" value="{{ snippet($newDesc, 0, {'stripBbCode': true}) }}" />
    <xf:else />
    $0
</xf:if>

to

Code:
<xf:if is="$thread.seo.meta_description">
    <xf:set var="$newDesc" value="{{ $thread.seo.meta_description }}" />
    <xf:set var="$fpSnippet" value="{{ snippet($newDesc, 0, {'stripBbCode': true}) }}" />
    <xf:else />
    $0
</xf:if>

it's not good to duplicate forum description in all threads :)

Last edited:
Hi,

recently I found out that the user profiles look really bad SEO-wise. It would be could to change title & description like it is possible for threads with this addon and to have automated options to use custom user fields.

Just some thoughts,
-Xiomera

Hi,

recently I found out that the user profiles look really bad SEO-wise. It would be could to change title & description like it is possible for threads with this addon and to have automated options to use custom user fields.

Just some thoughts,
-Xiomera
I'll write to you soon. This is an idea for the next but one version!

When I checked my custom SEO changes on threads I noticed, when I change the meta description of a forum and of an thread in this forum, the discription of the forum will be used for this thread.
After I looked around further it appears the meta discription of a forum (if changed by your addon manually) is used for all the threads in this forum, no matter what.

I would much rather like that the forum description is only used for the forum page and not for every (any) thread in it.

Is this intentional?
If so can you consider to add a checkbox that you can disable this feature in the node view?

Thanks for your help.
-Xiomera

When I checked my custom SEO changes on threads I noticed, when I change the meta description of a forum and of an thread in this forum, the discription of the forum will be used for this thread.
After I looked around further it appears the meta discription of a forum (if changed by your addon manually) is used for all the threads in this forum, no matter what.

I would much rather like that the forum description is only used for the forum page and not for every (any) thread in it.

Is this intentional?
If so can you consider to add a checkbox that you can disable this feature in the node view?

Thanks for your help.
-Xiomera
do you have ideas/improvement suggestions?

Last edited:
Hi,

Just some thoughts,
-Xiomera
do you have ideas/improvement suggestions?
No this on top is the only thing I think will improve this addon. Fine work!

au lait updated SEO (SEO2) with a new update entry:

[add] Thread: Change Twitter:Card Type
[add] Options: "Meta Thread Title" CustomFields in the Meta thread title
[add] Options: Forum Meta-Title
[add] Options: Default Thread Settings
[add] NoIndex/NoFollow for Help-Pages
[add] NoIndex/NoFollow for What's New Pages
[add] NoIndex/NoFollow for Login/Register Pages
[add] Meta Description for Login/Register Pages
[add] SEO settings for Node separately

[add/changed] NoIndex/NoFollow for Member-Pages
[add/changed] NoIndex/NoFollow for Forum...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I upgraded addon, but still have problem with description in forum_view. I'ts not possible to set different description and meta description.

Top Bottom