SEO Needed!

B~Napier

Hey All,
So here is the issue - when posting it would be very nice to be able to specify the Meta Keywords AND meta description of the post - specifically when posting things in the Wiki Addon (but it would be helpful with threads as well).

Example of Search Results:

DMS-1200 | CE Integrator

ceintegrator.com › ... › URC Total ControlProducts
3 days ago – Your name or email address: Do you already have an account? Forgot your password? No, create an account now. Yes, my password is: ...

Currently the way it formats is just the first text in the post but that may not be what is best for SEO. If our users had the option of defining these fields - it could add a lot. Or even if only administrators/moderators could do that when certain posts should be defined (such as announcements, news, etc).
(for example: I may want it to say DMS-1200 8-Zone Network Amplifier in title)

Edit: when it comes to the "WIKI" my solution was to use Schema tags which will be read by the major players. You can see how I did it in this thread: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xencarta-wiki.26851/page-5#post-401453

However, it still would be nice to be able to define Meta Descriptions for threads, forums, categories, etc. Possibly to start just specific to the FORUM and CATEGORY?

Top Bottom