[OzzModz] SEO & Index Tools [Deleted]

After installing this it has really messed with my forum permissions (I haven't updated/changed anything in terms of my XF version).

Before I had set permissions as I like them, and I was able to post/do what I like as I saw fit.
However, now I suddenly was unable to post (as admin even) in my forum nodes. All, in fact.
I was like "what the heck is going on..."
I haven't installed anything else major lately apart from SEO addon.

I check permission and they all now stand on "inherit". (they did not before). Anyway, I change them as I like and try again. Still unable to post.

When trying to make a new thread:
1649514087476.webp

I can create new node. Set literally All permissions to yes.
Still can't post.

I definitely uninstall this add-on, I don't have the patience for a product in development and then the doubt about its effectiveness gradually crept into my mind so it's no longer for me. I don't know if it's contractually possible but my license is available.

I definitely uninstall this add-on, I don't have the patience for a product in development and then the doubt about its effectiveness gradually crept into my mind so it's no longer for me. I don't know if it's contractually possible but my license is available.
To be fair to @Nulumia the majority of SEO is snake oil, and what isn't is just optimization for optimization sake. While optimizing will do much for your site, if your site does not have good content or does not have content that caters to organic traffic originally, you will likely not see much improvement.

There are a number of features that this add-on has that make it worth the discounted price easily, at least once it is feature complete and stable. The problem is that this add-on was a nightmare of an undertaking before it got feedback, and the feature list has just grown for the future.

It is probably going to take a while for this to be live site ready, and it should, because it is a large add-on. Best thing to do now is to monitor and wait, or clone your board and run it there for testing for bugs.

To be fair to @Nulumia the majority of SEO is snake oil, and what isn't is just optimization for optimization sake. While optimizing will do much for your site, if your site does not have good content or does not have content that caters to organic traffic originally, you will likely not see much improvement.

There are a number of features that this add-on has that make it worth the discounted price easily, at least once it is feature complete and stable. The problem is that this add-on was a nightmare of an undertaking before it got feedback, and the feature list has just grown for the future.

It is probably going to take a while for this to be live site ready, and it should, because it is a large add-on. Best thing to do now is to monitor and wait, or clone your board and run it there for testing for bugs.
Wow, the majority of seo is not snake oil. You should really look into what it is if you think that.

I haven't really had issues with this plug in at all and it has helped immensely. By the way, I am an seo and I do it every day. Good content isn't enough if your competition has great keyword density, internal links, schema, back links, etc.

Wow, the majority of seo is not snake oil. You should really look into what it is if you think that.

I haven't really had issues with this plug in at all and it has helped immensely. By the way, I am an seo and I do it every day. Good content isn't enough if your competition has great keyword density, internal links, schema, back links, etc.

I no longer offer services or resources here because I don't have the time or the interest, but I still do outside to select new and old clients; I have also been doing so for a long time :). I am well aware of what SEO is. I am also well aware of what SEO is not.

This add-on is likely not going to make any drastic change in competing with a site with better ranking out of the box; it may help, somewhat? But there is much more to a successful site than general optimizations. That is not to say that this will not help (and something I applaud @Nulumia for as he does not even attempt to state this is going to be a silver bullet for everyone) but the place where most sites have issues is not just purely their optimization.

If you are already competing with a successful site... Then you are likely facing an uphill battle regardless. The majority of things you listed are the foundation of building a site or good content, regardless of SEO. Do they help SEO, yes, but I do not do most of the things I do for SEO :).

🤷‍♂️ if you want to continue the topic, make a separate thread as I do not want to take @Nulumia resource off topic.

I no longer offer services or resources here because I don't have the time or the interest, but I still do outside to select new and old clients; I have also been doing so for a long time :). I am well aware of what SEO is. I am also well aware of what SEO is not.

This add-on is likely not going to make any drastic change in competing with a site with better ranking out of the box; it may help, somewhat? But there is much more to a successful site than general optimizations. That is not to say that this will not help (and something I applaud @Nulumia for as he does not even attempt to state this is going to be a silver bullet for everyone) but the place where most sites have issues is not just purely their optimization.

If you are already competing with a successful site... Then you are likely facing an uphill battle regardless. The majority of things you listed are the foundation of building a site or good content, regardless of SEO. Do they help SEO, yes, but I do not do most of the things I do for SEO :).

🤷‍♂️ if you want to continue the topic, make a separate thread as I do not want to take @Nulumia resource off topic.
We don't need to continue. SEO is not snake oil.

likely not going to make any drastic change in competing with a site with better ranking out of the box;

SEO is not snake oil.
No it isn’t. However if somebody thinks that SEO ends at installing an SEO addon without having the knowledge or time to do any configuration, then they are wrong.

I said this before and @Nulumia agreed so there is certainly no whiff of snake oil here, neither is there with the the Yoast plug-in.

They give you tools with which to do your own SEO, not a magic bullet.

I’ll say this again though, I believe this addon would be best if it was much more basic, just gave you the tools to help with xenForo (plus it’s official addons) and did not attempt the complex task of being compatible with all 3rd party addons.

By now it would be out there and stable, with lots of great feedback.

No it isn’t. However if somebody thinks that SEO ends at installing an SEO addon without having the knowledge or time to do any configuration, then they are wrong.

I said this before and @Nulumia agreed so there is certainly no whiff of snake oil here, neither is there with the the Yoast plug-in.

They give you tools with which to do your own SEO, not a magic bullet.

I’ll say this again though, I believe this addon would be best if it was much more basic, just gave you the tools to help with xenForo (plus it’s official addons) and did not attempt the complex task of being compatible with all 3rd party addons.

By now it would be out there and stable, with lots of great feedback.
Absolutely. This add on is a tool only but a very helpful one if utilized.

An exception occurred: [ErrorException] [E_WARNING] Undefined array key "nulumiaSeoSchemaBrandingLogo" in src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Listener.php on line 126

XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Listener.php at line 126
Nulumia\SeoTools\Listener::templaterGlobalData() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 69
XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2854
XF\App->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2077
XF\App->getGlobalTemplateData() in src/XF/App.php at line 1947
XF\App->preRender() in src/XF/Admin/App.php at line 101
XF\Admin\App->preRender() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 397
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 60
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2352
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

@Nulumia

Nulumia updated SEO & Index Tools with a new update entry:

PHP 8 Improvements, Xenforo 2.2.9, Meta & Indexing Improvements

Miscellaneous
  • Added more phrasing
  • Fixed a bug where the correct phrase for "Thread has at least X word count" would not appear when editing index criteria for forums/nodes
  • Improved labeling in some admin pages
  • Added further PHP 8/8.1 compatibility fixes
  • The meta field handler system has been rewritten for more optimization
    • Meta entities are only created when input is present for meta title, description or Open Graph image
    • Clearing all three values...

Read the rest of this update entry...

An exception occurred: [ErrorException] [E_WARNING] Undefined array key "nulumiaSeoSchemaBrandingLogo" in src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Listener.php on line 126

XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Listener.php at line 126
Nulumia\SeoTools\Listener::templaterGlobalData() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 69
XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2854
XF\App->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2077
XF\App->getGlobalTemplateData() in src/XF/App.php at line 1947
XF\App->preRender() in src/XF/Admin/App.php at line 101
XF\Admin\App->preRender() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 397
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 60
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2352
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

@Nulumia
Same issue with the latest version. Somehow after trying it a couple of times I was able to install without errors.

Unless I'm missing something, the "No pagination for canonical URLs" feature doesn't work.

With it enabled or disabled, on a multipage thread the canonical looks like this:

Code:
<link rel="canonical" href="http://devhost.local/threads/fortune-is-good.456374/page-2" />
@benFF Did you get any response? This seems to happen on my forum also.

Uploaded files of the latest version and the system is down (production server :eek: ). I didn't even hit the upgrade button. Getting this:

1. XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Listener.php at line 126
  2. Nulumia\SeoTools\Listener::templaterGlobalData() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 69
  3. XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2854
  4. XF\App->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2077
  5. XF\App->getGlobalTemplateData() in src/XF/App.php at line 1947
  6. XF\App->preRender() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 450
  7. XF\Pub\App->preRender() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 397
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 60
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2352
  10. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  11. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20
Help!

I removed src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Listener.php and the forum works normally.
So how should I upgrade the addon? Now I have 1.0.5 Beta 5.

Nulumia updated SEO & Index Tools with a new update entry:

Dragonbyte eCommerce Patch

To update your theme, please download the latest version at:
https://www.nulumia.com/shop/my-downloads/

You must select "Overwrite files during install/upgrade" when upgrading to this version.

Overview

This is a bugfix update related to several compatibility fixes for Dragonbyte eCommerce. This update is not required if you do not use the eCommerce addon

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello. I want to remove the prefix in forum titles (example " | Forum name"). Can this be done with your plugin? Very important for SEO.

Top Bottom