Self server options - DNS, email etc....

Thanks Matt

That is what I actually have minus the CName for www plus 5 A names for name servers (as per their tutorials):

Screen shot 2013-05-28 at 9.46.24 PM.webp

Screen shot 2013-05-28 at 9.46.37 PM.webp

These have been set up for more than an hour but this is what I get from both my local machine (in Australia) [I know I typed .com but it is the same for .net]

Screen shot 2013-05-28 at 9.46.57 PM.webp

and my other server (East coast USA)

Screen shot 2013-05-28 at 9.49.08 PM.webp

Those 174 ips are something to do with name.coms name servers/dns. I tried updating the name servers for this domain at name.com but they keep saying they don't exist. If I ping each name server (my ns0 - ns4) I get the same ips as the host command:

Screen shot 2013-05-28 at 9.51.40 PM.webp

I can only assume the dnsme default TTL is 24 hours for name servers and I can't find where to change them. I have a support ticket open with them but have had no response as yet.

BTW, I set the TTL to 60 so I could see if it was working.... obviously not :(

problem was I overlooked that segment in my notes - and was SURE that I had followed everything right. I'm finding that the dedi plays a "little" different than the VPS did. Importing my stinking DB is killing me.:cry:

I can only assume the dnsme default TTL is 24 hours for name servers and I can't find where to change them. I have a support ticket open with them but have had no response as yet.

I think problem you're having is with your previous domain dns registrar's TTL value. If previous DNS registrar has TTL of 24hrs and you switched, you'd need to wait at least 24-48hrs before any changes made on DNSMadeEasy would register properly as your domain would be subject to your previous DNS Registrar's nameserver set TTL still.

Don't forget it's Memorial holiday in US http://www.calendar-365.com/holidays/memorial-day.html

Just moved from my RamNode VPS to the new dedi. I use ZoneEdit for my DNS. Made the associated changes and about 30 minutes later I was live.

I think problem you're having is with your previous domain dns registrar's TTL value. If previous DNS registrar has TTL of 24hrs and you switched, you'd need to wait at least 24-48hrs before any changes made on DNSMadeEasy would register properly as your domain would be subject to your previous DNS Registrar's nameserver set TTL still.

Don't forget it's Memorial holiday in US http://www.calendar-365.com/holidays/memorial-day.html

^^ This. It will be the registrar with a high TTL.

Thanks guys, will go ask name.com what their TTL is. The domain I am doing now will become the name server address for all my other domains and my cdn base domain. Pretty much a catchall for evrything but a website :)

I think it is more related to dnsme name servers than anything else. I just registered another new domain into WHM DNS, set the refresh time to 60. WHM auto assigns my other 2 nameservers (my current ones) to that domain so I set those times to 300. I just did a host lookup from the server in the US and it already appears as the IP I just assigned. Australia is taking a little longer, it hasn't reached my isp's dns servers yet.

Just tried that:

.com - DNS hosted on my WHM Server -

Screen shot 2013-05-28 at 11.28.31 PM.webp
... but not my ISP yet :)

.net - DNS hosted at DNS MadeEasy -
Screen shot 2013-05-28 at 11.30.01 PM.webp
Nothing but Russia??!?!?!?!?! Those 4 are name.coms NS servers.....

vanity nameservers not setup properly i guess

as i said use nsXX dnsmadeeasy nameservers first to verify it's working and then try vanity ;)

Okie dokie, will zap the vanity's then test some more. I have a little while to get this right, the main reason I am starting now :)

Dropped the vanity's, assigned dnsmadeeasy's NS servers into name.com and it has started propagating already:

Screen shot 2013-05-28 at 11.48.32 PM.webp

Definitely the TTL of reassigning the dnsmadeeasy NS servers to my vanity servers. I have to wait for two things - 1 is the vanity servers to become visible based on a TTL of 86400 set by dnsmadeasy. Then, once they are visible a further wait for the name assignment into name.com's system under that domain name. At least byt the time my 30 days is up with my current host I should be close to have my new name servers working -- HA!

This morning host & nslookup's (from Australia) on this domain are resolving to the correct ip's now but name.com will still not accept them. Looks like a problem at name, not anywhere else. :(

All good now, missed a step at name.com which I was made aware of by dnsmadeeasy support staff. Off to transfer all my other domains to dnsmadeasy now I under stand what is going on!

Top Bottom