XF 2.0 Select All on Code

MegaPixel

Afternoon all!

Is there a way through templates or standard to have a "Select All" button next to the following bbcode on XF2?

Code:
code

To allow you to highlight all in a single click? I'm aware this could be done by addons, but we're hoping not to have too many of them :P Thought it'd be worth an ask!

Kind Regards,
Jamie

There is no standard way to do that.
So if you are considering template changes, why don't you go with an addon, which actually does it for you?
You can always uninstall an addon anyway, so I don't see the point why you wouldn't want to install addons.
Actually it doesn't matter if you have one or tens of addons installed. One addon could be developed poorly and it will result in making problems, or you can have 100 addons installed and no problems. So the numbers don't matter, only if they are coded poorly or not.
And from what I remember there is one template modification and an addon which does the job for you. Look in the RM, you ll find it.

I think my worry from addons comes from upgrades. We want to constantly upgrade with Xenforo, but we're a hobby forum so paying for addons to be updated could be costly, as we already have some custom addons our forum needs to reduce workload. I guess I was also a bit cautious about straying too far from standard XF, but thank you for the reply, it has reassured me there isn't something wrong with a lot of addons anyway!

Reactions: sbj
Top Bottom