Not planned Searching for members with zero posts - at least show a link to the profile

ehd

When I search for a member, who has zero posts, Xenforo gives me no results.

Of course, the user has 0 posts.

I would desperatley like to see the member profile-link when searching for the member, even if he or she has zero posts. So the profile can be checked.

Thanks alot :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Are you searching for a specific member or all members with 0 posts?

If the latter, the user search in the ACP is designed for that.

No, just any member.

Instead of having to look into the ACP, the member profile can't be viewed. This might be by design? But why?

If a search for a user with more than 0 posts, I see his posts and the I can access the member-profile by clicking on the username.
If a search for a user with 0 posts, I see can't see his posts (since he doesn't have any) and can't access the member-profile from there.

Would be great to at least get the member-profile-link from the member-search.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to look for zero-post members in the front end, as effectively it's a guessing game - you can't specifically search for them.

However, if you are just randomly looking through members to see how many posts they've made and want to check out their profiles too (whether they have made 0 posts or made some) then probably a better way would be to use the Find Member widget on the Members page. Using that you can easily visit any members' profile and immediately see if they have any posts or not from the stats there and if they have, you can see these from the Postings tab. Then a quick click on the back button and you can search for other members.

Also the Find Member widget can be added anywhere if you want to use it on other pages, and even make it visible only to you on those pages if you wish.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to look for zero-post members in the front end, as effectively it's a guessing game - you can't specifically search for them.

However, if you are just randomly looking through members to see how many posts they've made and want to check out their profiles too (whether they have made 0 posts or made some) then probably a better way would be to use the Find Member widget on the Members page. Using that you can easily visit any members' profile and immediately see if they have any posts or not from the stats there and if they have, you can see these from the Postings tab. Then a quick click on the back button and you can search for other members.

Also the Find Member widget can be added anywhere if you want to use it on other pages, and even make it visible only to you on those pages if you wish.
Thats a great way to solve it, however, if you add a witched like this, everyone can see it, isn't there a way to allow a widget for MOD's only or something ?

Top Bottom