Rock Machine

Davyc

Just opened today (16th October, 2021) is Rock Machine.

https://rockmachine.org

This is my second XF site based on Rock Music. Members can add albums, rate albums, add and vote on albums added to the RM Chart. There are also general discussion areas and a help section (which is watched) if anyone needs a hand.

There are three basic categories (keeping things simple); Soft Rock, Hard Rock and Heavy Rock - where members choose to add albums is up to them providing what they are adding adheres to the spirit of the three categories. Entries will be moved if necessary.

The front page is a XF Page with it's own HTML code, images and CSS files - which, hopefully, illustrates what can be done with XF Pages. There's also a heap of CSS changes added to the extra.less file to get the look I was wanting to present.

There's still a lot of work to do, mainly in the back end, and I am wide open for any suggestions to help make the site better for everyone. Enjoy and please feel free to visit, join up and join in :)

home_page.jpg album_page.jpg

M@rc

The front page is a XF Page with it's own HTML code, images and CSS files
As a guest on first view, the default xenForo notice at the top and the cookie notice at the bottom blocks most of this out.

If you're open to suggestions:
  • I usually edit the cookie notice to make it one line instead of two, so it does not take up much screen space.
  • I'd also look into a way to disable the xenForo notice for the front page.
Otherwise, looking good (y)

Davyc

If you're open to suggestions:
  • I usually edit the cookie notice to make it one line instead of two, so it does not take up much screen space.
  • I'd also look into a way to disable the xenForo notice for the front page.
Thanks for taking the time to have a look and make some important valid suggestions. Edits now done to make cookies message one line and to reduce the size of the guest notice; that latter is something I never noticed being logged in all of the time lol.

Many thanks again.

Davyc

Wow! Your forum looks great! Excellent graphics and layout IMHO. Nice job!
Thank you for your kind words, I enjoy messing with layouts to see what can be squeezed out of the tube lol. I'm not done yet, as there are a few items still on my 'to do' list that I want to see if they are possible :)