Reuters reports that Google is pulling Huawei’s Android license

And then people are shocked when Wikipedia or any other big mediasite is banned in China (and in other places).

If you rely on American companies, they will foremost protect their interests.

As far as I know, Google has removed Huaweis full access from Android updates and Play Store. This means that Huawei is currently not able to further develop its own Android version - this applies to all their Android hardware.

I just happened to buy a Xiaomi phone, but I also have a Huawei tablet. But his two year old Android 7.0 won't get an update anyway, so I'm not affected. But this is a very bad thing for a lot of people.

actualy all huaweis mobile phone owners still get access to gogle play, yt, so i think this only goes for new version of android in future develop!

This just shows how bad it is to have monopolies. Google has become too powerful and as of today its also a pawn in political games.

this is why building on other peoples idea is F-word Up... because they know they use these iPhone and Samsung to spy on us they don't want the Chinese to do what they do.

I miss my first smartphone
lol

Firstly Google is complying with the US Dept of Commerce Order of a few days ago to cease all business with Huawei. I don't believe this is Google's choice at all. They're simply no longer permitted to do any business with them at all. This is actually bad for Google and they know it, I suspect they'll be unofficially helping them to stay on android or push out security fixes quicker to AOSP.

Secondly Huawei can still use the AOSP version of Android but will be severely crippled as it cannot use any G services. I suspect delays in future Huawei device rollouts as they figure out what to do.

Firstly Google is complying with the US Dept of Commerce Order of a few days ago to cease all business with Huawei. I don't believe this is Google's choice at all. They're simply no longer permitted to do any business with them at all.

Secondly Huawei can still use the AOSP version of Android but will be severely crippled as it cannot use any G services. I suspect delays in future Huawei device rollouts as they figure out what to do.
Thirdly, the US and Google aren't alone. They've merely caught up with the rest of the world. Australia and New Zealand were first.

This comes after Huawei takes over the rank of 2nd largest smartphone producer, surpassing apple, and apple lacking the technology to progress to 5G in the next lineup. 😏

btw

Caught up with rest of the world is Australia, New Zealand and Japan? :D Does the earth consist of 4 countries?
You probably should read the article linked. Plus, I only pointed out those countries were first. Didn't say they were the whole world.

That company has been under sanction for quite some time by many other countries, not just the mean ole US. Is the point.

I've read the article, did I miss something?

That company is under sanction because of pressure from the mean ole US.

Anything what threatens the US powerhouse gets treated like this. Then it is called "national security concerns".

How hypocritical...

Thanks Snowden we know who is spying on who.

"National security concerns", let's invade Afghanistan, Kuwait, Iraq, etc.

And same concerns happen with technology. Then somehow China or Russia or Iran are the problem childs. And somehow their companies get sanctions.

Like? Example? Source?
first before I go deeper have you ever asked Chinese why they ban most sites for a period of time and then turn it on like facebook amazon and google ... do you know why the Chinese use google but don't allow users to use their Baidu... they just think they are smarter than anyone and want it all

first before I go deeper have you ever asked Chinese why they ban most sites for a period of time and then turn it on like facebook amazon and google ... do you know why the Chinese use google but don't allow users to use their Baidu... they just think they are smarter than anyone and want it all
:D want it all? Are we talking about China or the US here?

They do it the right way. To be independent from US (and US companies) they build their own Google, Amazon, Facebook or whatever. Else we see what happened now with Huawei. Once Papa Sam is angry, he threatens and excludes you, just like that. US is trying to maintain its power and the monopoly they have in technological areas. But the world awakens and won't longer play that game.

But the world awakens and won't longer play that game
Look buddy i don't take sides but before you go into that search and see how China went crazy when it tried to steal Zambian national tv an tried to change its constitutional and not only Zambia other African nations have you ever heard Aussie, UK, German, USA and others doing that?

chinese politician needs to re-do their homework and mind their own business.

Top Bottom