Resource deletion notice posts should not always show the developers name as author automatically

HWS

Hi,

I would like to suggest that the deletion notice of a resource should only be posted in the name of the developer if the developer himself deletes a resource.

If a resource is deleted by an admin or mod (e.g. "house-keeping") the notice should be posted with the name of the admin or mod doing the deletion. Best would be if an account could be specified in options which is used for such deletion notices.

Currently it is very irritating and misleading for readers if a resource is deleted by an admin and the post looks like as if the developer would have deleted his resource. It is generally a very bad idea to post messages as another user.

I don't think we can raise conditions here. ;)
But If: I'll agree, on the condition that a developer gets a reminder 7 days before the deletion.

Interesting compromise.

So, I'd say an email and a PM. That should cover the bases (that comes at day 38, giving you the 7 day warning). Then, deletion, under a [Moderator][Deleted] prefix...

I'd agree to that.

(y)

I have a user I created that I use to post as for automated functions. I agree that posting as the author is very misleading. There's not even a mention in the text that it's part of an automated process.

It should be posted as an internal user "XenForo".

Top Bottom