XF 2.2 Reports is not showing under Moderator Tools

lightspeed

I can not get Reports to show under the Moderator Tools menu at the top of the forum. This was working fine in the past but it has not been showing on our forum for a very very long time. I can only see the Approval queue. The Reports link is missing.
Screenshot from 2021-09-29 21-45-41.webp

When I visit the reports URL directly it shows all the open reports.

I have added myself as a Super Moderator in Groups & permissions > Moderators as per the instructions https://xenforo.com/docs/xf2/groups-permissions/#moderators

I also have given myself ALL Moderator permissions.

I still can not see the Reports section.

What am I doing wrong?

My guess is that you have an addon or style coming into play here. What addons do you have installed? Try on the default style as well as all addons disabled.

My guess is that you have an addon or style coming into play here. What addons do you have installed? Try on the default style as well as all addons disabled.
Good ideas thanks, but I've already tried this. I disabled ALL plugins (including xenforo official plugins) and installed a default style with no parent style. There is still no link to the Reports section even when using the default theme...

Check the option Options -> User discouragement and discipline -> Send reports into forum

If you have reports going into a specific forum, there won't be a link.

Good news everyone, I have figured out how to get the Reports button showing.

What I did was change "Options -> User discouragement and discipline -> Send reports into forum" to an actual forum and then saved it. Then I set it back to "None" and saved it again and the Report link is back!

So for some reason even though it was showing me "None", it was actually somehow set to a forum and so the report link was hidden. Possibly I set it to a forum and then deleted that forum, I'm not quite sure. I believe I may have found a bug though.

Hope this helps someone out in the future!

Possibly I set it to a forum and then deleted that forum, I'm not quite sure. I believe I may have found a bug though.

I just checked on my test site and that is, indeed, what happens if you delete the forum that is set to be the report forum. I'd agree that this probably should be considered a bug. There should probably be a check to find out if that is the report forum and either give a warning or actually change the report forum to None.

@Chris D @Mike @Jeremy P

Top Bottom