ES 2.2 Reconfigure ES - old index name and new one?

sbj

I may have to reconfigure my ES.

1643493856597.webp

1) Now, where do I find my current index name I am using right now for ES?

2) Also, if I reconfigure, should I pick a new name or use the old name or use the mysql database name?

3) And, if I should take a new name, the old table for ES will stay in the database right? Wouldn't that just waste space then?

Solution
The current server address is shown at: admin.php?enhanced-search/

It defaults to the board domain.

1643495190080.png

You can use whichever name you wish but if you already have one, why do you need to change it?
If you want to refresh the data, just rebuild the index and optionally select to delete it first.

elasticsearch doesn't use the mysql database - it stores the content on the server in the filesystem.
Indexes can be deleted by running the appropriate curl command.

The current server address is shown at: admin.php?enhanced-search/

It defaults to the board domain.

1643495190080.png

You can use whichever name you wish but if you already have one, why do you need to change it?
If you want to refresh the data, just rebuild the index and optionally select to delete it first.

elasticsearch doesn't use the mysql database - it stores the content on the server in the filesystem.
Indexes can be deleted by running the appropriate curl command.

Solution
Yeah, that is not a problem. Just when I clicked on "reconfigure", it prompted and asked me for an index name as you can see in the screenshot. So, I didn't know what index name I should take for a reconfiguration. An old one, new one or a default one. Now I know, I'll just take the old one.

I don't know what Xon's add-on does but your screenshot doesn't show any settings related to the add-on there so that's not what he was referring to when he told you to reconfigure it.

That is purely for reconfiguring the elasticsearch index.

I suspect you need to be on the add-on config page.

Reactions: sbj
1643497371625.png

I assumed the "Enhanced search setup page" is not the addon options page. I checked and the setting is not there in his addons options. So, what left was where we reconfigure ES, which sets it up again. We'll see what his respond will be in his thread, I'll update it here when I have the answer. Thanks for the help though.

The enhanced search set up page -- admin.php?enhanced-search/ -- has several sections.

I suspect the 'exact text search' feature, which the add-on introduces, is somewhere on that page.

• Wow
Reactions: sbj
I am just stupid. I checked it 10 times, and it isn't there. But of course I forgot to update the addon now I do realize... :(
Sorry for wasting your precious time, oh my god.

Top Bottom