Fixed Reaction emoji question--possible bug?

Wildcat Media

Affected version
2.1.0 beta 2
When I like a post or select another reaction here on the XF forum, the emoji is a smaller size than the pop-up.

On our testing forum, I added some reactions. I did not use a sprite sheet for my own newly added emoji but instead, used individual 32x32 PNG files. (I downloaded a set of the EmojiOne v4.0 from the official source.) When I hover, all is well:

I replace the sprite for Like as I wanted to also use Dislike and have a matching emoji.

Now when I click on an emoji, this happens:

Other emoji from the PNG files do the same:

While one can argue that larger beer is better, such is not the case with the emoji from the sprite sheet:

Wow, that spacing is nice:

...but not so much when the larger non-sprite emoji is displayed--the spacing is bumped below Report, as expected; also note the emoji in the emotion bar is the correct small size here:

Did I not set something up right, or is this a bug? Shouldn't all emoji display the same smaller size? It certainly looks right when they do. The larger emoji reactions look out of place. (Except, arguably, the beer.) Here are my settings:

Am I supposed to be filling in Background size:?

Last edited:
Thank you for reporting this issue. The issue is now resolved and we are aiming to include that in a future XF release (2.1.0 Beta 3).

Change log:
Add missing max-width|height rules for image based reactions.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom