[RDF] User Banner Grouping (XF2) [Deleted]

I have disabled the "Show staff and group banner" setting in my XF user options, but still the group banners are shown doubled (the ones from XF and the ones from your addon).

Also it would be neat to get some kind of connection between the actual XF user groups and your user groups (for example being able to specify whether info from the user group is taken or the custom one entered in "your" user group), as I do not want to manage usergroups twice for each group.

Also it would be neat to get some kind of connection between the actual XF user groups and your user groups (for example being able to specify whether info from the user group is taken or the custom one entered in "your" user group), as I do not want to manage usergroups twice for each group.
Yes that may be easier, but the current system is more versatile.

but the current system is more versatile.
It is, that's why I suggest adding a selection for it (maybe a checkbox).

[ ] Use custom details (would work as it does now)
[X] Use group details (would fetch info from the actual connected user group)

Which might also be interesting; an and and or link.
You have to be in 3 groups or you can be in one of the 3 groups.

It's something that I can consider doing however this dramatically changes the scope/intent of the addon.

I have disabled the "Show staff and group banner" setting in my XF user options, but still the group banners are shown doubled (the ones from XF and the ones from your addon).

Yes that may be easier, but the current system is more versatile.
It is, that's why I suggest adding a selection for it (maybe a checkbox).

[ ] Use custom details (would work as it does now)
[X] Use group details (would fetch info from the actual connected user group)

Yeah this is working as intended - as mentioned in the addon description, the addon is meant to allow either/or or both of the systems to function simultaneously but independently. We originally designed it for our forum only and had/have no intention of using the base usergroup userbanner settings so this is why it is setup the way it is.

I will have to look at what kind of code it would take to pull userbanner data from the base usergroup - again it's something I can look at doing however for the upcoming release I am going to integrate the functionality/features requested up to Tealk's point else with all of the ever-increasing number of requests we'll never stop having to code things and just never end up releasing an update, lol.

Thank you for your reply. So I assume this is also as designed?

Thank you for your reply. So I assume this is also as designed?

As far as the staff banner goes, there is currently a CSS-related issue that I'm working on right now at resolving that I'll be pushing with the upcoming update later today, but I don't believe that is what you are referring to here - I'm just mentioning it in case you were wondering about this.

As far as banners being displayed goes, yes that is by design:

4.) This addon is completely separate from the XenForo user banner system - purposely. This way you can use either the native XenForo user banner system exclusively, this addon's user banner system exclusively (the way most places who use this addon will operate), or both. This is done to provide you with the most amount of customization possible! So basically, if decide to use this addon, be sure to uncheck/hide the user banners displayed by various user groups in the native XenForo settings.

However, I am not sure what you are referring to when you mention "Show staff and group banner" - to deactivate the XF-based banners (I believe that is what you are attempting to do at this moment), see the quote above regarding that - it's in each group's individual settings - simply select the first userbanner option (the one without any display styling) in each individual group's settings for the groups you would like to have the native XF userbanner disabled in.

Still working on this latest update guys - don't worry I haven't forgotten about you. ;)

We had some serious drama on our forum earlier today (I am starting to dislike admining more and more by the day) that has been happening literally for the past 14 hours.

Will keep you guys posted!

xydrine,
you might want to add
CSS:
.memberHeader-banners {
    display: inline-block !important;
}

since the banner on member profiles else is screenwide ;)

Thanks Sperber - yep this is something that will be included in the upcoming update.

I wanted to give everyone a quick status of that.

The forum that I administrated, where the addon is currently hosted, is transitioning owners - for that reason I will be leaving the forum and no longer operating this addon from that forum.

I have reached an agreement with the incoming owners of that forum to allow me to keep rights of this addon so I can continue to provide updates and support for it.

I plan to have a separate XenForo site up to provide support and updates for the addon after the transition period is complete, I expect no later than the end of this month.

At that time, I will push an update for the addon to the resource here on XenForo.com with new URLs to the new support/update site, and update this thread with further information on where you guys can go for all that.

In the mean time, please send me a private message if you need to download a copy of the addon (if you are a current customer).

Thanks, and thanks for your patience!

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Thanks Sperber - yep this is something that will be included in the upcoming update.

I wanted to give everyone a quick status of that.

The forum that I administrated, where the addon is currently hosted, is transitioning owners - for that reason I will be leaving the forum and no longer operating this addon from that forum.

I have reached an agreement with the incoming owners of that forum to allow me to keep rights of this addon so I can continue to provide updates and support for it.

I plan to have a separate XenForo site up to provide support and updates for the addon after the transition period is complete, I expect no later than the end of this month.

At that time, I will push an update for the addon to the resource here on XenForo.com with new URLs to the new support/update site, and update this thread with further information on where you guys can go for all that.

In the mean time, please send me a private message if you need to download a copy of the addon (if you are a current customer).

Thanks, and thanks for your patience!
@xydrine ,
can you tell when - or if - XF2.2. version will be available with the updates? Seems you haven´t been around for some time..

Top Bottom