Quote breaker addon

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
MarkFL (what ever happened to him?) had a neat little addon for vBulletin 4 called Quote Breaker.

Basically, this allowed you to drop into code mode when you were quoting a longer post and easily break up the original quote to respond to specific portions sort of "inline".

It did this by inserting the /quote closing tag at your cursor and then dropping down a couple of lines to re-add the original opening quote tag.

Just a simple little addon but some of my members, not to mention myself, found this to be very handy at times.

Could anyone here have a go at creating something similar for Xenforo 2.2?

No. That just breaks you out of the quote to reply but it doesn't split up the quote as described above.
How is this not breaking up the quote to make it easy to reply to each point?

1612649173558.webp

I don't understand what that add-on does differently.

Why did you quote me on this?! I know I didn't spell it out loud not to quote me on this, but I was definitely thinking it!

Don't quote me on this bit either. Or else.

If anyone is wondering how to insert blank lines into a quote without breaking out - hold Shift and press Enter.

Why did you quote me on this?! I know I didn't spell it out loud not to quote me on this, but I was definitely thinking it!

Don't quote me on this bit either. Or else.

See ^

Reactions: sbj
If anyone is wondering how to insert blank lines into a quote without breaking out - hold Shift and press Enter
Hi,

how can we do this on mobile?

I use quotes a lot in my forum, to source external information. And this inability to insert blank lines into the quote is absolutely driving me crazy.

I mainly use mobile, and this "hold shift" trick doesn't work.

Hi,

how can we do this on mobile?

I use quotes a lot in my forum, to source external information. And this inability to insert blank lines into the quote is absolutely driving me crazy.

I mainly use mobile, and this "hold shift" trick doesn't work.
Switch to bb code mode.

Switch to bb code mode.
Aw damnn. It's what I've been doing (and what's been frustrating me)

Would an add-on be able to modify the necessary code to implement the feature on mobile? Or is it a behavior that even an add-on can't modify?

Thanks for the extremely quick response btw, appreciate it.

Top Bottom