XF 2.0 Questions, template variable filters, parent param in macro

Yugensoft

Hi,

Where can I find a list of the Django-style template variable filters for XF2? E.g. when you see {$someVar|number}
Also, how do I add one?

Secondly, how do I use view param in a macro? I.e. if I add a param: $reply->setParam('myParam', 'something'), how can I use it in any macro the associated template uses? This is a permission-like param that says whether a particular piece of info should be visible.

I don't want to inject it via a template modification to insert an arg-somethingSomething, as it's a global flag.

Cheers

Where can I find a list of the Django-style template variable filters for XF2? E.g. when you see {$someVar|number}

Taken from \XF\Template\Templater:
Code:
censor
currency
escape
for_attr
file_size
first
hex
host
ip
join
json
last
nl2br
nl2nl
number
number_short
pad
parens
pluck
preescaped
raw
replace
split
strip_tags
to_lower
to_upper
url
urlencode
zerofill

Also, how do I add one?
In a templater_setup event hook, you can do something like:
PHP:
$templater->addFilter('your_filter', function ($templater, $value, &$escape) {
    // ...
    return $value;
});

Secondly, how do I use view param in a macro? I.e. if I add a param: $reply->setParam('myParam', 'something'), how can I use it in any macro the associated template uses? This is a permission-like param that says whether a particular piece of info should be visible.
In XF2+, permissions should generally be implemented as methods on the entities they are associated with and called directly from the template/macro:
PHP:
<xf:if is="$content.canView()">
</xf:if>

Nevertheless, you can use a template_macro_pre_render event and add to the globals:
PHP:
public static function template_macro_pre_render(
    \XF\Template\Templater $templater,
    &$type,
    &$template,
    &$name,
    array &$arguments,
    array &$globalVars
) {
    $globalVars['foo'] = 'bar';
}

HTML: