Qestion about insert/edit link!

Gregory Lynn

On my forum I am only able to insert/edit link 1 link at a time. If I try to do another one it changes the address of the first link and it never makes the second hyperlink. Is this a bug or is something wrong with my forum?

I didn't know you have to highlight the text first. I thought there would be a popup consistent with the media button.
Interesting observation.

I would think the button could be setup allowing both options.

The link is ready to be clicked at all times.
If text is highlighted when it is clicked, the popup asks for a URL link.
If no text is highlighted when it is clicked, the popup asks for a URL link and the text !

Interesting observation.

I would think the button could be setup allowing both options.

The link is ready to be clicked at all times.
If text is highlighted when it is clicked, the popup asks for a URL link.
If no text is highlighted when it is clicked, the popup asks for a URL link and the text !

Yes, I think it would be good to have both options. As it is, the link button looks like it's disabled, which is what threw me off.

Still I don't want to come off as hypercritical on the details. I cannot even fathom what Kier and his team have done with xenforo. And, now that I know to highlight the text, I actually much prefer doing it that way.

Yes, I think it would be good to have both options. As it is, the link button looks like it's disabled, which is what threw me off.

Well, the people to talk to would be the TinyMCE editor people !
They have a forum: http://www.tinymce.com/forum/index.php
Xenforo uses TinyMCE as it's editor.

TinyMCE - Javascript WYSIWYG Editor
TinyMCE is a platform independent web based Javascript HTML WYSIWYG editor control released as Open Source under LGPL by Moxiecode Systems AB.

TinyMCE has the ability to convert HTML TEXTAREA fields or other HTML elements to editor instances. TinyMCE is very easy to integrate into other Content Management Systems.
http://www.tinymce.com/

Top Bottom