Proper email configuration to avoid being flagged as spam.

I'm new to Administering a xenForo forum. Have used other options in the past.

I had thought I had set everything up correctly on the server side and emails. But more than 1/3 of the people who registered emailed us that they never got the confirmation email to validate their account. And most of those who did, said it went to their spam box.

A group of us set up a new forum quickly after a large form announced they were closing. We have had nearly 500 members register in less than 24 hours now.

The issue I'm having with email is we are getting tons of bounce backs to our no-reply inbox. All saying that our email was rejected due to having a domain present in the Spamhaus DBL.

We registered our domain name a little over 24 hours now. I'm not quite sure why we would be flagged as a spammer and get listed in the database so fast.

Is it something we configured wrong, or was it just bad luck?

We have had to turn off email validation. What is the best next step for us to take?

Thanks,

Chris

I'm new to Administering a xenForo forum. Have used other options in the past.

I had thought I had set everything up correctly on the server side and emails. But more than 1/3 of the people who registered emailed us that they never got the confirmation email to validate their account. And most of those who did, said it went to their spam box.

A group of us set up a new forum quickly after a large form announced they were closing. We have had nearly 500 members register in less than 24 hours now.

The issue I'm having with email is we are getting tons of bounce backs to our no-reply inbox. All saying that our email was rejected due to having a domain present in the Spamhaus DBL.

We registered our domain name a little over 24 hours now. I'm not quite sure why we would be flagged as a spammer and get listed in the database so fast.

Is it something we configured wrong, or was it just bad luck?

We have had to turn off email validation. What is the best next step for us to take?

Thanks,

Chris

Sign up for a third party email relay service like Amazon SES or send grid, follow instructions and you'll be fine.

It is likely not your domain that is on the DBL, but likely your IP address. It's likely that the previous users, somebody on the same IP block, etc. have made it to their list.

Top Bottom