Promote & Demote from Moderator tools [Deleted]

Tealk

Tealk submitted a new resource:

Promote - Promote

Description
This addon allows you to easily Promote and Demote users from outside of the ACP.
Now you can finally give your Moderators the rights to change a user's group without having to give them full rights to edit the user. You also don't need to sign into the ACP all the time.

Feature summary
  • Change primary group
  • Add/Remove secondary group
  • Choose which group...

Read more about this resource...

Is there a log of which users are promoted/demoted and what they were promoted/demoted from or to and which staff member did the promoting/demoting? IMO this is very important information to the admin/owner to know.

Hi @ozzy47

Actually we didn't think about it until now. The use case we original made this addon for didn't requiere a feature like this but it's seems like to really good idea to implement, so the addon can be used im more usecases than we imagined. We will put a log function into the addon in the next couple days.

Good to hear. (y)

Also, do you have checks in place to ensure lower ranking staff can not promote users or them selves into groups equal or above their own, or demote users that are above them?

We actually thoguht about this but we didn't implement a ranking since this would be a lot of work for very little use cases. You can choose which groups can be changed. So the user can't be promoted to a group that you didn't select for this purpose and no one can remove a group which isn't intendet to be changed. This way you can make sure, that no one is using the system to take someones groups and add them self special groups.

Okay, then a moderator would not be able to promote/demote people into the moderator or admin usergroup then?

Ok makes sense.. I am adding the product to my cart.. But I don't see where the checkout option is on your site mate.

based on the rank that could promote somebody to that rank but they can't promote somebody higher than their own self

This should already work this way at the moment.
owner power 100
Directors power 90
Community manager power 80
Division manager power 70
advisors power 60
member power 50

owner can promote any rank

Community manager promote any rank below him

advisors promote any rank below him

Top Bottom