[OzzModz] Profile Fields Popup

[OzzModz] Profile Fields Popup 2.3.0 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Mr. Jinx updated Profile Fields Popup with a new update entry:

[2.0.5] New features

• Added option to show the personal and contact profile fields separated
  • Changed permissions to also respect the user's privacy settings. Profile Fields Popup will only be shown if you set the permission 'view member profiles'. A user can choose to disable personal/contact in the privacy settings. The extra option to show/hide for guests is now removed because you can use the normal permission system for this.
  • This is a XF 2.1 release. Has not been tested on older versions...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the release.

Althaug we coded this slightly different by ourselves in the meantime. ;)

Attachments

• my_system.webp
    my_system.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
nice touch thank you....one thing i would suggest is avoiding cutting off the box tho if the screen is not scrolled properly....if you hover a name at bottom of screen the box should pop upwards instead...little detail but helpful.

Hello, I've to edit this

<i class="fas fa-sort-down"></i>

to this

<i class="fa fa-sort-down"></i>

since the first on showed me only a little rectangle.

This version is released for XF 2.1, but should still work with the older versions with some small adjustments like you did.

Hello @Mr. Jinx why did you put this in “template modification” category ? It is not an add-on ?
I guess it is not totally clear what belongs to the 'template modification' category. This is an add-on which modifies templates, so I thought it should be in this category... but maybe it should be in the add-ons category.

Would you look at any font awesome additions to be put into this ?
Sure, can you give me an example what you are looking for?

Hi Gator, some questions:
  • Which version of the addon did you install?
  • Which version of XF?
  • Did you try with default theme?
  • If this was an upgrade, can you check for any outdated templates / languages?
  • Please check if all files are copied, especially the files in \js\MrJinx\ProfileFieldsPopup

I got it to work and narrowed down the issue. Apparently it is having issues with a hyper link I have in some of my User Fields:
Code:
<div>
<a href="https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/{$value}/overview" target="_blank">{$value}</a>  
</div>

Any suggestions?

Okay, I placed it in a table and that seemed to fix the issue, however if you have a better way, please let me know

Code:
<table>
<a href="https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/{$value}/overview" target="_blank">{$value}</a>
</table>

Last edited:
Ah, yes this is fixed in 2.0.7, which has a better popup function.
I will put the free version online soon.
Nice work around though :)

@Mr. Jinx - any chance to add in paid version of addon to show also some non custom user fields (like location)?
So I could then remove location showing in default message space

I added this in the "extra.less" file and it fixed the issue. It would still be nice to have those settings added if possible. :)

Code:
a.profilefieldspopup span {
    box-shadow: 5px 5px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);
    border-top-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
    border-right-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);
    border-bottom-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
    border-left-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
}

2019-04-12_17-32-28.webp

any chance to add in paid version of addon to show also some non custom user fields (like location)?
So I could then remove location showing in default message space
Sounds like a good idea, I'll put it on the wishlist!

I have a dark theme and the shadow color is too light. Will you be adding more adjustments to compensate?
You are using an old version. This has been fixed in 2.0.6 which supports dark themes.
For example this is how it should look with UI.X2 dark:
ps: this is version 2.0.7 which has the arrow aligned with the down mark.

Last edited:
This has been fixed in 2.0.6 which supports dark themes.
Maybe it didn't overwrite the previous files, but it did not work. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but I will try again. Great add-on, and thanks again.

Edit: Okay, I guess I had 2.0.5 :)

Top Bottom